[Chapter Seven]

Amelia was woken up by a loud and constant knocking at the door to her room. She got up, pulled her hair into a bun and then answered the door, very aware that she probably looked like a mess. She opened the door to a very smiley Alfie who was holding a magazine cover with a foot on it, his foot to be exact. Amelia eyed the magazine cover, not realizing yet that it was his foot on the cover and that he had gotten another check mark for Amber's list.

"I got my cover," Alfie exclaimed excitedly. "And I convinced Amber that it counted since she didn't specify what type of cover I needed to get on!" "That's great Alfie! So, all you have left is one more check mark, right?" "Yep, wheels, and I've got the perfect idea, but I need your help. At break tomorrow will you help me?" She smiled and shook her head yes. "Of course I will Alfie!" 

"Hey, are you okay, your eyes are all puffy and red," Alfie asked her, now suddenly concerned about his friend. She let out a small sniffle, "Yeah I'm alright; don't worry about it Alfie. Let's head down to dinner."

The two of them headed down and sat in their usual spots. Neither Jerome or Amelia talked during dinner. Jerome didn't even look her way once. Amelia practically stuffed the food down her throat, so she could head back up to bed, wanting to get out of this awkward situation as fast as possible. After washing her dishes, she said goodnight to everyone and then headed straight to bed. Because of all the emotions she was still feeling, she fell into a deep sleep.

*Dream*

Amelia was wandering around Anubis house, heading straight for her room. She walked in and looked in her mirror, just like before, noticing that she had pigtails in and was wearing a frilly pink dress.

She walked over to her bedroom door and opened it. In front of her was nothing, it was all black, but when she looked up she saw him.

He was a giant advancing toward her small figure. "Goodnight princess," he smirked shutting the door to her room.

It was then that she realized she was in a dollhouse, and she was the doll. Everything seemed to zoom out, and that's when she realized it was Amber's dollhouse. "I'm in Amber's dollhouse?"

*End of dream*

Both Nina and Amelia woke up in a daze. "Nina, Amelia, you guys okay," Amber asked them. "Yeah just a bad dream," Amelia mumbled, "Same," Nina replied. Amelia got up and dressed, and then headed down to the kitchen. She grabbed an apple and headed out to school, not wanting to see Jerome.

Nina and Fabian walked into Amun, talking about the very realistic dream Nina had the night before. Nina pulled up her sleeve and showed Fabian the mark that Senkhara had left on her. Fabian looked at the mark, trying to figure out what it could be, "What is that?" "She said ask the one who knows." Victor saw the two from down the hallway and quickly approached them. "Uh you two," he called out, causing Nina to roll down her sleeve.

"What is that on your arm please Ms. Martin? Roll up your sleeve." Nina looked at Fabian worried, "I'm sorry," she asked. "Your sleeve," Victor pushed. Nina rolled up her sleeve and showed him the mark and hurriedly told him that it would wash off and was just temporary. "I hope for your sake that it does. Don't let me see it again." Victor walked off, now more nervous than ever about his own personal mission being ruined by the same kids who ruined his previous mission the year before.

Nina and Fabian watched him walk away. "What if Victor's the one who knows?" "Well we can't ask him. Okay I have an idea." Fabian and Nina walked off, ready to find answers.

Amelia walked into the lounge and sat down on one of the chairs. Mara walked in shortly after her and sat down with her notebook. Then Patricia came in and sat down with the two girls. "Thinking about Mick's decision?" "About going to Australia? Has he made a decision," Amelia asked. "He wants to stay here." Mara paused before continuing, "I had this really wise great aunt, who used to always say 'if you love somebody set them free.'" "Was she wise and living alone in a house full of feral cats," Patricia laughed. Amelia started to laugh as well, but quickly shut up, feeling a bit insensitive.

Mara ignored her comment, "What if that's what I'm meant to do with Mick; let him go. He's passing up the opportunity of a life-time for me." "No, you two are great. You make it work even though you have absolutely nothing in common." "You're right and maybe that's what Mick needs to realize, thanks Patricia." "You're welcome," Patricia said confused. "If I broke up with him he would stay and put up a fight. So, he has to break up with me," she finished.

Amelia sat up straight, "Woah, woah, woah what? You know just because there will be distance, doesn't mean you guys can't stay friends or continue to date. It won't be the same, but it'll still be something. And plus, whatever ruse you're going to try and play, it won't end pretty. It'll just break his heart, and yours. I know you want to try and end it so he can leave and move on, but hurting him in the process? That's way too far Mara." Amelia huffed and walked out, frustrated with what Mara was planning on doing.

Amelia sat down and waited for more people to come into class. Alfie walked right up to her, "Hey so I found a ride and some things to put on it. Can you help me fix it up after school?" "Yeah, I'd love to. I'm really excited to see these wheels," she smiled. Alfie's eyes lit up and he sat down at his desk. Jerome walked in after him, looking everywhere except in Amelia's direction. He was still upset with her, even more than he originally was. This was going to be a very long day.

****

The day dragged on, but luckily it was the end of the day. Amelia walked out to the back of the school with Alfie, by the dumpsters. He ripped a sheet off that was covering something, to reveal an old lawnmower. "This is your wheels," he shook his head yes. "Awesome, let's get to work!" "It's your lucky day Rusty; we're gonna make you shine." Alfie pulled out a pink spray can and shook it. He handed all the accessories over to Amelia and they got to work.

"So, did the clerk look at you weird when you were buying all this pink stuff?" "Yeah, I put it all on the counter and he looked at me and said, 'I'm not even going to ask.' So I told him I was trying to deck out my future girlfriends car." Amelia laughed and started to stick the cut outs on the side on the lawnmower, so that Alfie could spray paint them.

By the time they were done, the lawnmower looked like a pink dream ride. "I'm sure Amber will love it, and you'll get your last check," she smiled. Alfie hugged her, and they walked back to Anubis house. When they got there, they headed to their rooms. When Amelia walked in, Amber's dollhouse caught her eye. She sat down in front of it and examined it. It was definitely the dollhouse from her dream. She inspected the outside of it and realized it was a replica of Anubis house. On the back of it was the name Sarah, carved into it. On the front there was a tiny drawer. Amelia thought about opening it but decided against it since it technically wasn't hers. She decided she would tell Amber about it later, so she could look.

****

Amelia and Nina's gran walked into the room to see Victor, Amber and Nina having a sort of standoff. Amelia saw the smoke behind the two girls and noticed that the dollhouse was covered up. "Oh, did I miss my curfew? Sorry victor; don't put me in detention, will you?" All the girls started to laugh at Nina's grans comment. Victor stared at the cloth covering the dollhouse and walked out. Amber and Nina turned around to uncover the dollhouse and make sure all the smoke was gone. Amelia decided she would ask about what that whole commotion was about in the morning, not wanting to risk Victor coming back in. "Goodnight girls," Nina's gran called out. They all mumbled out 'nights' before falling asleep, ready for whatever tomorrow would bring.

****
Probably gonna double update today because this chapter is so short, but I'm following the whole season two like episode by episode, so some chapters are gonna be super lengthy and some are going to be short filler chapters. But everything has an important meaning behind it!

~ Rebekah