[Chapter Thirty-Nine]

Sibuna walked down to the cellar and positioned themselves in front of the web. Alfie, Amelia and Nina were all holding one of the smaller spiders, Alfie wearing the large spider on his back like a backpack. "Okay, we've got our spiders; let's match them up with the hooks." "Is no one else bothered by the part of the riddle that says the red threads spell doom? No, just me then? Great," Alfie huffed.

"You know there's still time to back out of this and wait for Fabian," Amelia offered as she watched Nina begin to duck under the strings. "Come on Amelia, come on Alfie, let's just do it. We're with you all the way," Nina reassured them. Amelia let out a small whine before ducking under her first set of strings, Alfie right behind her.

"Silver thread Alfie," Patricia yelled when she noticed Alfie was about to hit one. "You don't want another sting." Alfie sighed in relief when he just barely missed the silver thread. He threw his arm up causing him to hit one of the yellow threads. "What is it," "Alfie are you okay," Amelia yelled as Alfie started to look around the room frantically.

Alfie started to laugh after a few seconds, not yet feeling the effects of the yellow thread. "It's okay, it's okay the yellow threads don't-," Alfie stopped talking when he felt his head start to pound. "I feel, I feel weird," he moaned as he started to hallucinate. "Alfie," Amber called out to him as he started to thrash around, causing him to hit a silver thread.

"Help me, they're coming for me," he started to scream as he leaned his body back toward the red thread behind him. "It must be the yellow thread; it's making him hallucinate or something. Alfie keep still," Nina yelled. "He's gonna hit a red one," "Move Nina," Patricia yelled, realizing that she was the closest. "I'm trying," she yelled back.

Lucky for them, Amelia was already starting to make her way through the threads. She was moving fast and not paying attention, causing her to cry out as she hit her arms against a few silver threads. She pushed the pain to the back of her mind. All she was worried about was saving her best friend.

"Alfie no," Amber yelled, his head centimeters away from the red thread. Amelia was almost there, when she noticed Fabian running down the stairs. "No, Alfie, no don't, don't move, don't move," Fabian yelled as he jumped into the web, reaching Alfie in a matter of seconds. Once Fabian reached him, he grabbed his arms and held him still. Alfie stopped screaming and he immediately began to calm down.

"Okay, I've got you, relax," "I'm okay," Alfie sighed. "I'm so sorry Alfie." Fabian glanced back at Nina and then moved his attention back to Alfie. "Come on let's get you out of here, come on. Nice and slow, nice and slow." Fabian helped Alfie maneuver his way out of the web, while the two girls still in the web, followed closely behind.

"See, I knew we shouldn't have done it without Fabian," Amelia grumbled while rubbing her arm. Fabian turned to her and let out a small gasp once he noticed the four burn marks that were littered across her skin. "Amelia, oh my gosh. Are you okay?" She shook her head, "I'm fine. Let's just get out of here before another one of us gets hurt." Amelia's eyes landed on Nina who couldn't bear to look any of them in the face. Nina knew she had been wrong, and she was so thankful that no one had gotten seriously hurt.

The group headed back up through the oven and to their rooms, none of them speaking a word to each other, all of them just wanting to sleep so they could finish off this horrible night once and for all.

*Dream*

Amelia was in Science class mixing chemicals. A vile started to slip out of her hands when she heard a voice yell at her, causing her to stop it from falling. "Be careful Princess, you only get one chance at this, or else it's all gone and she'll come and get you."

Amelia raised her head in fear as she heard a loud growl come from behind her. She turned to see a large lioness standing behind her, ready to pounce at any moment. "Hurry up, she doesn't like to be kept waiting," he whispered as the lioness crept up behind her. Amelia's hands started to shake causing the vile to slip from her hands.