[Chapter Forty-Two]

By the time Amelia had made it down to Eddie and Fabian's room, Patricia was already standing outside of it. "Patricia what are you-," "Shh," Patricia whispered motioning for her to come over. Amelia snuck over and pressed her ear against the door.

Mr. Sweet was in the room talking to Eddie, or more like yelling and Eddie was giving it back ten times harder. They listened in first as Mr. Sweet told Eddie he was sending him home and then as Eddie called him dad. "Oh crap," Amelia muttered, everything now making sense. Eddie had always sort of a had a disdain toward Mr. Sweet since he had arrived at Amun. It made sense to Amelia now as she sat down and thought back to all the bad dad stories, they had swapped with each other, both of them talking about how their fathers had left them.

"Did you know," Patricia whispered causing Amelia to shake her head no. Once their argument was over, Mr. Sweet threw Eddie's door open, revealing Patricia. "Mr. Sweet's your dad," she asked, clearly upset that he had never mentioned this to her. Amelia stayed seated on the ground, not wanting to step in yet. "If you want to talk to me Edison, well you know where to find me." Mr. Sweet left his room and gave Amelia a sad smile as he passed her on his way out.

Patricia stomped into Eddie's room while Amelia stayed on the ground, annoyed that Patricia was getting so upset about this when they weren't even that close. Amelia knew that the extent of their relationship was a lot of flirty and sassy comments, so she had no idea why Patricia was so upset.

Amelia waited until Patricia stormed out of the room, to go in and talk to Eddie. Amelia walked in and watched as Eddie continued to throw clothes into his suitcase. "Eddie," she spoke softly, knowing that he was fragile. At the sound of her voice, Eddie turned around, his eyes slightly watery. "Come here," she whispered as she opened her arms up to him. Amelia was the only person Eddie ever felt like he could be vulnerable with, after a night of swapping dad stories that they did when they were first becoming friends back in America.

"It's okay I'm here now and we don't have to talk about it if you don't want to. Just know I am always here for you, and I will always fight for you." Amelia felt Eddie nod his head as he wrapped his arms tighter around her. "Thank you," he whispered as he pulled away after another minute of holding onto her. "Let's talk," he sighed, leading her over to his bed as they sat and talked about everything until it was dinner time, Amelia just wanting to be able to be there for her friend.

****

The day after the hearing was tense. Everyone was happy that she hadn't been expelled, but you could tell everyone still felt off about it all. Amelia had woken up early and grabbed Jerome and Alfie, so they could head over to the school. Ironically, it was Mr. Sweet's birthday, and even after everything that had happened, Amelia was determined to set up the birthday surprise and prank she had planned for him.

"Are you sure this is a good idea? I mean Mr. Sweet is pretty on edge with all of us, and it took a lot to convince him to bring Mara back. Don't you think this will just end up making him angry all over again?" "You know I'd never say no to a prank, but I agree with Jerome. We don't want Mr. Sweet starting World War three with us all because of this."

Amelia stood there, listening to the boy's qualms about the birthday prank they had planned for Mr. Sweet. "Guys, this is the perfect time to do it. Look at it like this. We'll be able to pull off an epic prank that is also a birthday present for him. He may be mad at first, but once he realizes what it is, he'll be happy. And if I have to go back and clean it up afterwards, I'll do it. Come on guys, we already have all the signatures and notes, and everything else ready."

They snuck into the school, the boys keeping watch while Amelia broke into Mr. Sweet's office. "Okay, to make this easier, I stashed a helium container in the prop closet, and a pump, so we don't have to blow them all up. I'll go grab those while you both begin to blow some up." The boys nodded while Amelia ran off to grab the rest of the supplies, they would need that she had hidden in the prop closet.