[Chapter Forty-Eight]

Sibuna, minus Patricia, walked into Amun together, all of them on high alert for Victor or Vera, suspecting they'd be around soon enough to try and catch them with the cow bell.

"Wow, you know I forgot how great the world looks at normal height," Alfie commented as they walked through the halls. He crouched down and then stood back up as he repeated the words before and after over and over again, until Amber interrupted him. "I will never take my incredible vivaciousness and beauty for granted ever again. And I hope you don't either," Amber told them, as they headed toward the lounge.

Amelia rolled her eyes as she listened to Fabian list off the capitals of certain countries, wanting to show them all that he had his memory back in full. "Okay Fabian, we get it, you have your memory back. No need to be a show off," Amelia joked as she stuck her tongue out at him and ran ahead, jumping on Alfie's back.

"Now that you're big Alfie again, you can carry me." "Yeah right," he joked as he pretended to let go of her legs, causing her to let out a loud scream, which gained everyone in the hallway's attention. "Hey, you're not a cute baby anymore, so I'd be careful," she told him as she jumped off his back.

They stopped in the lounge since they still had some time before their next class, to wait for Patricia. To their surprise and horror, a few minutes after they had sat down, Vera walked in with a girl who seemingly looked like their friend Patricia. Little did they know, it was actually her twin sister.

"May I ask what it is I'm supposed to have done," Piper, Patricia's twin sister, asked Vera, having been caught off guard outside of Anubis house. Before Vera could answer her, Mr. Sweet walked into the room. "Uh, your attention please; a very serious matter has been brought to my attention. There is a very high likelihood that the bell stolen from the exhibition, is in the possession of someone in this very room."

As soon as Mr. Sweet said that, all of the Sibuna members, except for Amelia, stood up, ready to run out of the room. "Wow, way to not make it obvious," Amelia scoffed as she stayed where she was, knowing that they were basically outing that they were in the wrong. To the others dismay, Victor walked out behind the curtains, on the stage, and blocked them from being able to run out.

"And now we're trapped," Amber muttered as she stared wide-eyed at a cocky looking Victor. They all turned back toward who they thought was Patricia, praying that she had put the bell back in its rightful place. "Did you go to the library," Nina whispered, causing Piper to look back at her confused. Who was this random girl and why was she asking her if she had recently gone to the library?

"Well, I have no choice but to instigate a spontaneous bag search. Everyone, please open your bags now!" Vera and Victor made their way around the room until they landed in front of the Sibuna members. "Which just leaves you six," Victor smirked.

They began to rifle through their bags, making sure to look through everything, but they unfortunately or luckily depending on who you asked, came up short. All they had left was Piper, who to Sibuna's advantage, was not the twin whose bag they should be searching. "Just one bag left," Victor smirked, thinking that they were about to expose the thief.

Victor stuck his hand in Piper's bag and rifled around, until he thought he had stumbled upon the bell. "And, what did we tell you," he commented victoriously as he help up a pencil case, thinking it had been the bell. He finally looked at it and realized it wasn't the bell. He began to rifle through her bag once more, throwing out everything he looked at that wasn't the bell.

Meanwhile the members of Sibuna were all sighing in relief, happy that they had escaped possible trouble once again. "No, no, this is impossible," Victor yelled, clearly outraged. Mr. Sweet decided to speak up, "Um, please accept my apologies. I seem to have been acting on unreliable information," he jeered as he looked toward Victor. Victor turned around and looked at them all, causing them to shrug their shoulders in return, small smirks on all of their faces.