[Chapter Sixty-Two]

Amelia got back to the house an hour before dinner time. She was planning on taking a nap before dinner. But once she got back to the house and headed up to her room, she quickly realized she was not going to get that nap that she was hoping for. Amber and Alfie were sitting on Amber's bed, books spread across her bed in-between them. They were trying to help each other finish their history projects that they had forgotten to start on.

"Oh, hey Amelia," Alfie awkwardly waved at her as she walked over to her bed and placed her bag on top of it. It took less than five minutes for a stray comment to be thrown out, and all of the sudden Amber and Amelia were arguing while Alfie stood back, a bit scared. He listened as Amber kept digging at her, trying to get her to admit to working with Rufus, and Amelia shout back.

It was when he noticed Amelia's hands slightly balling up into fists, that Alfie decided he had to stop this as fast as he could. He needed to make this all right and he knew now was the time to have the sit down with them all that he wanted to have. Alfie left the two, now screaming, girls in their room while he rushed down the stairs and into the living room, where Fabian and Nina were sitting on one of the couches and talking.

"Guys I need you upstairs right now," he told them before turning back around and rushing up the stairs. "Trixie, room now," Alfie shouted as he passed by her on his way back to the girls. He got there just in time as he noticed the two girls had gotten way too close to each other. He placed himself in-between the two girls and placed his hands-on top of Amelia's shoulders. "Amelia, calm down." She scoffed and threw off his hands, "Screw you!"

Alfie slightly stepped back, hurt by her sudden rage now being focused on him, but he knew he sort of deserved it. Instead of being there for her when he knew she was hurting, he just decided to think the worst and go with the masses. He couldn't imagine being in Amelia's position where everyone she loved and cared about had seemingly turned on her and began to think the worst.

"Amelia please hear me out," he begged. "Why should I? It's not like anyone has tried to talk to me or hear me out, or I don't know, even explain to me why I'm all of the sudden target number one? I don't get it," she whimpered as a few stray tears started to fall down her cheeks. Everyone else in the room stood back in shock, none of them really knowing how to feel or what to think. Amelia softened as Alfie wrapped his arms around her slightly shaking body as more tears began to fall down her face.

"We're here to talk," he whispered to her as she slowly nodded her head and broke away from the hug. He wrapped his arm around her waist as he turned toward the others, his main focus on Nina. "We are going to listen, and we are going to explain everything. We are not going to jump to anymore conclusions, and we are going to let each other fully explain our sides. And we are certainly not going to gang up anyone, not again," Alfie told them all.

Patricia and Fabian nodded their heads, small smiles on their faces as they sat down on the ground, beginning to form a circle. Nina and Amber both looked at each other and hesitated, before following the others and sitting down on the ground so that they could complete the circle. "Okay, if it's okay with you Amelia, I'd like to start. I think what I have to say will help clear all of this up right away," Alfie informed her. She slowly nodded her head, her nerves already starting to take over. She was not ready for what Alfie had to say; he was about to open up the flood gates.

"Okay, so you know how Jerome told us about the letter your dad sent you and who he was?" "Unfortunately," she muttered. "Well, he had a good reason to because well, we all already knew your dad, just not that he was your dad obviously." Amelia's mouth fell open as her eyes widened. She was at a complete loss of words. "I'm sure Nina and Fabian told you about last year's mystery," Alfie started. "But we uh, we didn't tell her ya know," Fabian stopped short, not being able to finish his statement.