[Chapter Fifteen]

Amelia woke up and quickly got dressed, not at all excited for another early morning mission. The three girls met Fabian downstairs and they all headed over to the school, but not before Amelia snagged some fruit and a bagel from the kitchen. They got to the school and headed into Ms. Andrews classroom. "We just need that one last book to complete the pattern." "This is a total invasion of privacy," Amelia muttered as she searched through Andrews desk drawers with Fabian. "You think Andrews took it and left it lying around her classroom for two years? Yeah right; why don't we search her bag as well."

They were interrupted when the doorknob started to jiggle, signaling that someone was trying to get in. Fabian quickly turned around toward the whiteboard while Amelia ran over to one of the desks at the front, sitting on top of it. "Oh, all very keen aren't we," Ms. Andrews asked as she walked in and saw them scattered across the room.

"Found it," Amber cheered, pulling a random book off the bookshelf she was standing by. "Nina says it's a real page turner." Amelia groaned figuring they were probably busted now, as Amber held up a dictionary. "Yes, that's a dictionary Amber," Ms. Andrews told her. Amber looked down at the book and laughed nervously. "Yes, yes, it is. I've been waiting to read it for ages." "I think she's just trying to brush up on her vocabulary Miss," Amelia said, trying to cover for them.

"If this is a ruse to get you out of that detention I gave you yesterday, forget it." Fabian stepped up, "No, actually Ms. Andrews, this is about the Frobisher library. A very important book has gone missing apparently and we thought you'd be able to make an announcement about it in class." "Well I could do it but nobody's borrowed a book from there in years. It's been closed up since," Ms. Andrews suddenly stopped talking and her whole demeanor changed.

"What is it," Fabian pushed. "Uh nothing, but I think I know where that book might be. Leave it with me," she told them. The group all looked at each other and smiled. They all huddled together by Nina and Fabian's desk. "Now all we have to do is wait for her to return it." "Great, I love waiting, favorite thing," Nina sassed. "Okay who's on lookout duty?" "Amber, Amelia and I will follow her after classes are done, during lunch." "Alright, let's get this book and finish this thing!"

They broke away from each other and all headed to their own desks. Amelia walked to the back and sat next to Michael, who playing on his phone. She let out a loud yawn, catching his attention. "Do you ever sleep," he laughed. "Barely," she groaned, lying her head down on her desk. Just as she was about to fall asleep, she heard Jerome walk in yelling something about donkeys.

"Could you be any louder," she asked Jerome irritated, raising her head to glare at him. "Yes," he shouted in her face, laughing as she reached out to hit him. "Why are we friends?" "I ask myself that every day." Amelia scoffed and chucked her pen at him, before turning her attention to Ms. Andrews who was about to start class.

****

Amelia was supposed to be following Ms. Andrews with Nina and Amber, but she decided to stop at the bathroom first. Once she was done, she headed out to Frobisher library, running into Patricia and Joy along the way. Patricia was complaining about the new boy that she had just run into.

"Ooo a new boy! Is he cute," she asked. Joy shook her head yes while Patricia scoffed at the two girls. "He was so crude and patronizing," Patricia complained, making the new boy sound like he had come straight from hell. "While I would love to stand here and talk about the cute new boy, I have to get to my study session with Fabian." Joy winked and then ran off to find Fabian. "I have to go too, but we're not done talking about this new cute boy." Patricia scoffed again, "As if I would spend one more second talking about him."

Amelia laughed and waved goodbye, running out of the school and to the library. She spotted Nina and Amber sitting outside on a bench. When she reached them, they were talking about Fabian. "Did you guys know Fabian was tutoring Joy," Amelia asked them as she sat down next to Nina. Nina rolled her eyes, "She's just doing it to get closer to him." "Most likely, but she probably does need some tutoring since she was gone for most of last term," Amelia spoke up, defending Fabian and Joy.