[Chapter Sixty-Five]

They all stared at the platforms with their hands, peaking out of the ground. The light was still beaming down in the middle, but there was nothing to place their reflectors on, and they didn't have enough people to hold them and bend the light. They were all feeling hopeless, except for Amelia. She had a dream the night before about the next task which helped lift her spirits, assuming that this meant that they were one step closer.

"Well, while we are all here and sulking over the task, I have something to tell you all. I had a task dream last night," "But we failed this one," Patricia stated, not understanding why she had another task dream if they weren't even going to pass the one they were on. "I know; I guess this means we are somehow going to get through this one? I mean technically all we need to do is find one more person," "Yeah, but that means bringing more people into this. I don't want to have to put anyone else in danger," Nina sighed sadly.

"So, what was this mystical, magical dream about," Alfie asked her. "I was on like a massive chess board and it felt like I was in that scene of the first Harry Potter movie where they play the life-size chess." "No one knows what you are talking about," Amber scolded. "I-I do," Fabian sighed as he shamelessly raised his hand. "Thank you," Amelia smiled before turning and playfully glaring at Amber. "Anyway, as I was saying, I was on a big chess board and then I started to play. Then I hit like a danger square with a picture of Anubis and fell down a hole or something, and then when I hit the ground I woke up."

"So, our next task is... chess?" Amelia shrugged her shoulders and looked over at Fabian who looked deep in thought. "Do you know what this is," she asked him. "I think so, but I won't be sure until we actually reach the next room. At-least we know not that we have at-least one more task before we reach the mask." "Hey, that rhymed," she laughed. "Either way, this means there's hope that we will finish this task and get to the next one!" "That's the spirit Nina," "No, Senkhara's the spirit, duh," Amber stated matter-of-factly, causing them all to laugh. "Sibuna," "Sibuna," they all chanted, before heading back up through the oven tunnel, expecting everyone to still be asleep, or just waking up.

The rest of the morning went smoothly, well as smoothly as any Anubis House breakfast could go. Alfie spit out his milk everywhere, Jerome was avoiding all eye contact with Amelia, but she never noticed because she was too busy glaring at Joy, who was avoiding all eye contact with Fabian. One by one, they all finished up their breakfast and headed off to Amun. Sibuna walked out together like usual, leaving everyone else behind them.

Once they reached Amun, they all parted ways to head to their lockers and grab their books they would need for their first class. They headed into class together, the rest of their housemates having beat them there. Amelia made her way to the back of the classroom, trying her best to ignore Jerome's eyes as they followed her through the classroom. She sat down next to Michael who was writing away in his notebook.

"Are you writing a love poem," she asked, giggling loudly as he quickly slammed his notebook shut and placed his hand on his chest. "You scared the crap out of me Amelia," he huffed as he tried to catch his breath. "You didn't answer me; are you writing a love poem," she sang this time as she spent her time spitting out the words love and poem. She watched as Michael's cheeks heated up and a shy smile made its way onto his face.

"So, who's the lucky girl," she asked him, not giving him a chance to answer her last question. "Um, I'm not sure yet. I'm sort of using my writing to try and figure out if I like her or not," he answered truthfully. "Well, whoever she is, she's one lucky girl," she smirked as Michael's cheeks began to heat up. "So, how's Nina doing after the whole article scandal," he asked her, quickly changing the topic. "I think she's doing a lot better today, but it's definitely still on the back of her mind. I'm assuming your question means you saw it?" "Unfortunately, I think everyone saw it."