[Chapter Sixty-Six]

After their talk, Jerome and Amelia decided to head to the living room to see if anyone wanted to play cards, to help get Amelia's mind off of everything that was going on. They spent about two hours playing different games with Eddie and Alfie. There was lots of laughter and lots of yelling about people cheating, and Amelia appreciated every single moment of it.

Once it was time for dinner, they all settled down at the table. Nina and Fabian walked in for dinner late. Almost as soon as they walked in, all of Sibuna rushed to her to check on her, each of them giving her a big hug. "Thank you so much for your picture," Nina whispered as she hugged Amelia. "No problem," she replied as she gave her a tight squeeze before they broke apar.t

They all sat down, ate and hung out until they were all finished. The girls headed up to their room with Nina, so that they could check on her, while Alfie and Fabian cleaned up dinner since it was their turn. Once they reached their room, Patricia and Amber sat around Nina on her bed, while Amelia sat herself down on the floor in front of them.

"My gran is the time-piece and she's got the mark," Nina blurted out as soon as they all sat down. "I can't believe it," "You mean the time-piece is granny Martin? Dang Amelia, your theory was right," Patricia sighed. "I really didn't want to be right," she groaned as she placed her head in her hands.

"She's been hexed, just like us. How did Senkhara even get to her? I don't even know how long she's been cursed for! She started getting sick when she was staying here and-," Nina started to get choked up and stopped short. Amber wrapped her arm around her best friend and let her lean into her, "Senkhara's one mean spirit lady."

"We failed the constellation task. It's game over for all of us, because of me." "That's not true Nina, we-," but Amelia was cut off when there was a small knock at their door. A moment later Joy walked in. "I don't think anyone said come in," Amelia scoffed. Joy ignored Amelia's comment as she turned toward Nina.

"Hey," "Joy, really not a good time," Amber told her. "Yeah, well I just wanted to say sorry. For the Jackal anonymous thing. I mean, I guess it was a slow news day." Amelia scoffed and was taken aback by the words that came next out of Nina's mouth. "It's fine Joy, you were right. Maybe I wasn't taking enough care of my gran."

"No," Amelia muttered as she stood up. "Who cares if she was right or wrong, Joy you had no right to post that article or even write about someone's situation that you have no idea about! How would you have felt if someone had written about your whole situation last year, huh?"

Amber nodded her head as she broke apart from Nina and stood up. "Nina, admit to nothing. Joy, if you have something to say to any of us, you should have the courage to say it to our faces, not write it on a website pretending to be someone else. If anyone in here should be embarrassed it's you." Joy didn't say a word as she backed out of the room and closed the door behind her.

"Dang Amber, I didn't think you had that in you." She shrugged her shoulders as she sat back down on the bed, "Just my opinion." Nina looked down at her hands in her lap, a small smile on her face. "I really appreciate you guys." "You know we've got your back. I say that tomorrow we face as a new day. We'll figure out how to complete the task, we'll let go of Joy's horrid article, and we will find this mask. How's that sound Nina," Amelia asked. Nina smiled down at her, "That sounds like a plan to me." "Sibuna," "Sibuna."

****

The next morning, Amelia woke up thankful that she had gotten a full night of sleep and feeling happier than she had the past few days. "Morning girls," she smiled as the other two girls woke up while she was gathering her clothes. She headed to the bathroom, showered and got ready. Once she was done, she headed down for breakfast. The others started to filter in, Nina being the last one in Sibuna to make it downstairs and to the table. She was texting away on her phone once she reached them.