[Chapter Forty-One]

*Dream*

Amelia was stuck in a room, a trumpet lying in front of her. "Go ahead Princess, give it a go." Amelia felt his breath on the back of her neck causing her to shake in fear.

She reached out for the instrument that was laid out in front of her and started to play it. Once she stopped, she felt everything start to shake causing her to fall out of her chair and slam onto the ground. "Silly girl. Didn't anyone teach you how to play the lullaby?"

*End of dream*

Amelia woke up and walked downstairs to breakfast, not at all prepared for the storm that was about to be set off in the house. Almost everyone was on one of their many devices, reading the article that Mara had published to the school website about Vera. Amelia squatted down in-between Fabian and Nina, so she could read over their shoulders without having to look it up herself.

Amelia was surprised at all of the information Mara had found out, and kind of hoped it was all true because Amelia had always felt like there was something off about Vera. "Mara how could you write this," "Write what," Amber asked. Fabian sighed as he handed his phone over to Amber. "What if they close down the school site because of this?" "I for one am on Mara's side," Amelia sighed as she sat in her seat and dished out some food onto her plate.

Amelia had zoned out the argument that was occurring around the table until Victor stormed in, clearly upset and angry; or was that just his natural look? "There is to be a hearing today to ascertain the legitimacy or otherwise of a story which has appeared on the school website. I am instructing all Anubis house students to attend and hear the truth." "Don't worry Mara, we are all on your side," Amelia reassured her as the others did the same.

Everyone grabbed their bags and began to head out of the house, except for Fabian and Nina. Amelia signaled to Sibuna to stay back for a moment. "Trumpets," she stated, confusing the both of them. "What," Fabian asked her at the same time Alfie yelled out "Saxophone." The whole group turned to him, "What, I thought we were yelling out instruments. "No, it has something to do with the tunnels I think, because I had another one of my dreams last night and in it, I was playing the trumpet."

"How do you know it wasn't just a normal, everyday dream," Patricia asked her. "Trust me, I know when it's a regular dream and when it's a dream induced by my weird connection to the house." The group eyed her suspiciously, but Amelia wasn't ready to tell them how she knew which dreams were about the tunnels. "Alright, let's head out now."

When Amelia walked into the school, she saw Mara down the hall at her locker. Amelia walked over and linked her arm with Mara's as they entered the school. "You ready for this?" "Yeah, I think so." "Do you want any help?" "Well, I have to gather all my resources before the hearing in a half hour. Do you mind helping me?" "Of course," Amelia smiled as they headed for Ms. Andrews classroom, so they could set up camp.

Amelia and Mara spent the next thirty minutes compiling all of Mara's evidence into a folder. Amelia even created a PowerPoint that had some of the photographic evidence in it. Once they were done, they rushed off to the lounge where the hearing was being held. Amelia slipped into the seat Jerome had saved for her. "Do you think she's ready?" "Yeah, I think she is, and I really think she can win as long as Vera doesn't have any tricks up her sleeve."

They all quieted down as Mr. Sweet took his seat up front. "This hearing has been called to determine the accuracy of an article written by Mara Jeffery about Vera Devenish. We shall begin in a few moments." Amelia watched as Nina sent her a small nod, signaling that it was time for them to leave to go down to the tunnels. Although, before they could leave, Mr. Sweet called out to them, telling them to sit down.