[Chapter Eighty]

Rufus shoved Jerome into the room that Amelia led them to. The two boys marveled at the mask that was displayed in front of them, clearly unlocked and ready to be worn. Rufus rushed past Amelia, Jerome still held tightly in his grasp, and shoved him up against the wall next to where the mask was being held. "Stay there," Rufus yelled in his face as Jerome nervously looked over at Amelia who was pressed up against the wall on the other side.

Amelia looked down the hall in front of them to see Alfie and Amber trying their best to sneak down the steps. Her eyes widened as she looked over at Jerome and made a discrete motion with her head toward their two friends. Rufus lifted them from their trance as he grabbed the mask and looked over it in pure amazement, "The mask of Anubis; finally."

"Amber Millington what do you think you're doing," they heard Victor's loud voice boom from up ahead. Amelia's eyes widened as she watched Alfie quickly hide behind the small crack in the hallway wall, as Amber stood her ground and replied to Victor. Rufus turned toward them and kept a harsh and steady hand on Jerome's chest. "Victor, wow have I been sleepwalking again?"

"Help me," Jerome tried to yell out but struggled as Rufus shoved him back against the wall. "Stop it," Amelia cried as she tried to get around Rufus so that she could be by Jerome's side. Amelia stopped however when Rufus looked over at her, a look that told her if she made one more step toward them that Jerome would get hurt even worse. So, Amelia backed up against the wall, waiting eagerly to see how his reunion with Victor was going to play out.

Victor walked toward them a large scowl on his face. "Rufus Zeno, the fake obituary was a nice touch." Amber walked toward them as well, stopping next to Victor, a fearful look displayed on her face. "And the anonymous tip-off regarding the exhibition," he added. A small smirk spread across Rufus' face. "Oh, I'm glad you appreciate my efforts Victor, and Vera's too. I thought you'd hit it off."

Amelia watched as Alfie creeped out of his hiding spot and placed himself behind Victor so that Rufus would not see him. "Help me," Jerome mouthed again as Amber discretely motioned over toward Alfie. "Now if you'll excuse me I have rather an exclusive ceremony to perform," Rufus informed him but Victor merely chuckled. "It won't work." "Nice try," Rufus scoffed as he looked down at the mask currently in his hand.

"The mask is missing it's third eye." Rufus looked back down at the mask and noticed the empty crevice at the top. Amelia watched as the boys mouthed to each other, trying to figure out what to do. They were planning on having Jerome grab the mask and Alfie catch it from him. "Of course, Robert's removed it. He's removed the gem. The Frobisher gem which I have in my safe." Amelia watched as the boys eyes darted between the mask and each other and she took this time to make her own move.

She quickly reached over her father's shoulders and ripped the mask out of his grasp. "Alfie catch it," she yelled as she grabbed it and chucked it halfway across the room and into her best friends arms. While Amber was yelling at Alfie to run, Amelia was yelling at Jerome to run. Amelia placed herself in front of her father, trying to stall him for as long as she could. Rufus took one of his hands and shoved her as hard as he could, causing her to slam hard onto the ground.

She curled up into a ball when she heard footsteps running toward her. She hesitantly looked up and came face to face with Jerome. "You promised you'd run," she coughed out as she tried to sit up. "There's no way I'm ever leaving you behind," he told her as he wrapped his arm under her and helped her stand up. "Alright love birds let's go," Amber rushed them as she ran to the library entrance, wanting to see how far the others had gotten.

They reached the library entrance as fast as they could and began to crawl through it and into the library. Amber was already rambling as they started to crawl through. "The third eye, you need the third eye," she rushed as they all got through the grate and stood up. "My dad's gem," Jerome added, letting them know that it was the third eye. "Tell me you still have it Jerome," Nina begged. Jerome began to shake his head, "No, no, I gave it to-."