[Chapter Seventy]

The next day both girls woke up in a daze. Amelia had yet another horrible night of sleep plagued with nightmares about Rufus, Nina and Senkhara. She looked over and noticed Amber staring at Nina's empty bed. "We'll get her back Amber, I'm sure of it." "Yeah, yeah me too," she lied as she got up and headed to the bathroom.

Once both girls were ready, they headed into the dining room where the boys already were. Alfie was currently stacking food onto his plate, trying to eat the stress away. Fabian was the first one to break the silence between them, "Hardly slept, all night." "Us either," Amber spoke up for both girls as she turned to Alfie noticing the stack of food on his plate. "Alfie, how could you possibly eat at a time like this," she scolded. "I always eat when I'm scared, or nervous, or traumatized, or happy come to that," he rambled as he sat down at the table next to Amelia. "Or any day with a y in it," Amber rolled her eyes.

Vera came in from the kitchen stopping at the front of the table, "Where's Nina?" At the mention of her name, Fabian placed his head in his hands, trying his best to stop the tears that he knew were seconds away from falling. "I have a message for her from hospital. Apparently, her gran had a bit of a bad night." "Is she alright," Fabian quickly asked, worried that she had died due to Senkhara's fit the night before. "Yep, she's stable but they would like Nina to go in."

Vera looked around at all of them, waiting for them to tell her where Nina is, "Well? Amber," she asked. Amber stared at them all not sure what to say as Alfie proceeded to stuff his face into his muffin. "Um Nina's, Nina's-," "Nina's already gone to the hospital," Patricia informed Vera as she rushed into the room. "Already," Vera asked, not sure if she believed Patricia. "Yeah; she got a text from the hospital really early this morning. She left you this letter."

Patricia handed Vera over a fake letter that she had written the night before. Vera's eyes glanced over the letter, "She should have cleared this with me first. I am going to have to consult with Victor about this." Amelia let out a loud scoff before stuffing a muffin in her mouth to keep quiet. "Something you'd like to add Ms. Edwards?" She rapidly shook her head as she grabbed her glass of water and started to drink it, not wanting to cause any problems.

Vera headed back into the kitchen, leaving the members of Sibuna to themselves. They all let out a sigh of relief, happy that they had gotten around Vera. "Well done," Amber smiled up at Patricia who was still standing at the head of the table. "Come on, we've got a Sibuna to save," Patricia riled them up as they all stood up and headed out to grab their bags. Amelia passed Eddie and Mara on the way out. "Morning Amelia," Mara smiled but Amelia simply just waved before scurrying off with the others. 

They stopped in the entryway of the house to finish their conversation. "I say we go back down there and play the game again. If we win, we get Nina back!" "Yeah, yeah," Amber agreed, but Alfie wasn't as quick to agree. "And if we lose someone else disappears. And on top of that, we almost lost Amelia last night. We don't even know if she'll be able to handle it again!" "Oh yeah, yeah," Amber mumbled not sure who to agree with.

"Whether I play, or I don't play, the movement of the statues and a possible other hole opening up, will still affect me. It doesn't matter where I am, so I might as well play," Amelia reasoned. Patricia turned to Fabian who had been quiet the whole time. "Tell them Fabian! We have to go and play the game again, right?" Amelia looked over and immediately softened at the sight of Fabian's already tear-filled eyes. "Patricia, I don't think-," but Fabian cut her off.

"No, no, no, no, not-not yet. No, I need more practice. If we get one more move wrong-," "And we've got less people now. That'll make it much harder to cross the board," "Much harder." "What do you mean less people? Amber will just step up and then we'll still have four players," Amelia exclaimed. "No," Alfie shouted. "I am not losing you!" Patricia scoffed at all of them and how they were acting, minus Amelia.