[Chapter Fifty-Nine]

Jerome sat there, practically motionless, as Amelia's words replayed in his head. "R.Z. It stands for Rufus Zeno," was on repeat in his head. He tried to figure out what he should do next, but he had no idea. Should he tell her he just saw Rufus? Should he tell her all the horrible things Rufus did last year? Or even worse, should he tell her, the girl who always told him horror stories about her father, that he had once worked for him?

Amelia sniffling and leani her head back against Jerome's shoulder, brought him out of his trance. "What do you want to do," he asked causing Amelia to let out a soft and almost inaudible sigh. "I need to tell Victor about this. I'm in danger and you all could be too. Gosh I would literally go crazy if he ever hurt any of you," she whispered causing Jerome to swallow harshly. He knew now that he couldn't tell her about anything that happened last year. All he could do was be there for her and make sure Rufus never hurt her again.

"I think I'm going to go lay down. My head hurts from all the crying." "I'll help you," he softly smiled over at her, before helping her off the bed and leading her up to her room. The rest of the roommates were in the living room, waiting to see how Amelia was. They noticed the two of them walk upstairs and then Jerome walk back down alone, a few minutes later.

Eddie immediately jumped up and rushed over to Jerome. "Jerome, how is she?" "Yeah, what happened," Mara asked him. "She just got some bad news in a letter. She'll be fine, she just needs some time by herself." They all nodded their heads, understanding that she needed her space. "Oh, and don't ask her about tomorrow, okay? Let her talk about it if she wants to," he told them before heading off to the bathroom.

Amber and Alfie took this as their chance to rush back into the boys room and confront Jerome about him stealing the dollhouse. A few moments later, Jerome walked in, feeling more stressed than he has ever felt. He turned around a minute later, once he realized there were two bodies standing behind him.

Amber and Alfie stood up, arms crossed and very serious looks on their faces. "Is this a raid," he asked them as Amber nodded to Alfie. "Sit down buddy; we've got something to talk to you about," Alfie told him as he grabbed his laptop. He proceeded to open his laptop and turned it so Jerome could see. On the screen was a very clear image of Jerome walking out of the house with the dollhouse in his hands.

Jerome's eyes widened as he looked over the screen. Everything was seemingly falling apart, and he couldn't help but feel like it was all his fault. "Tell me this isn't as bad as this looks!" "It's actually much worse," he sighed before telling them all about how Rufus was back and how he had kidnapped Trudy. Needless to say, Amber and Alfie were shocked and knew they needed to tell the others as soon as possible.

Once Jerome was done, Amber and Alfie felt more scared than they had ever felt during this entire quest. Now that Rufus was back, and they knew he was willing to do anything to get the mask, they knew they had to hurry. "Okay Jerome, let's go," Amber told him as she began to tug on his arm. "Let's go where?" "We need to tell the others who had a part in what happened last year. They need to know," Alfie told him before they headed out of the boy's room and toward the girl's room.

They peaked their head into the girl's room, before slowly backing out when they noticed Amelia still sleeping soundly. "Let's check the living room," Alfie told them as he quietly shut the door.

"There you are," Amber sighed in relief as they walked into the living room and saw Nina, Fabian and Patricia sitting on the couches. Alfie walked in behind her, Jerome slowly trailing behind them. "Jerome's got something to tell you," "Tell them." There was a second of silence, all of them waiting for Jerome to speak up, but Amber yelled out instead.,

"He took the dollhouse," she yelled causing the others to widen their eyes in surprise. "What," Nina exclaimed. "Sorry you tell them," Amber muttered, giving Jerome an opportunity to explain himself. "I took the dollhouse," he sighed. "What," "But why-," "Wait, there's more," Alfie stopped them, wanting Jerome to explain it all before they asked all of their questions.