[Chapter Seventeen]

*Dream*

Amelia was running through the tunnels underneath the house; she was being chased. She couldn't see the person, but she knew exactly who it was. His face was hidden behind a cloak, but she could hear his voice, the voice that haunted her every night.

She was running for what felt like forever. She turned to see how close he was to her, when she began to fall; it was like a never-ending drop. She looked up to see him smiling down at her. "Thank you for all your help Princess."

*End of dream*

Amelia woke up in a daze. She had an uneasy feeling in her stomach, a feeling that had become normal to her. She grabbed her phone and saw that it was only four o'clock in the morning. She looked around the room and saw that Amber was moving around in her sleep and that it looked like she was having a nightmare. Amelia stood up and walked over to her bed, wanting to make sure she was okay. Before she could do anything though, Amber started to scream.

Nina jumped up and ran over to the two of them. "Amber, Amber wake up it's okay. You're safe it's just a dream," Amelia reassured Amber as she started to wake up. "What's wrong, what's wrong? Are you okay?" "I saw the spirit lady! She came after me, she offered me her hand," Amber yelled, frantically looking around the room, trying to make sure the spirit wasn't there in the room. "You didn't take it did you," Nina asked scared that Amber had been marked. "No, no," Amber shook her head.

"That's good right? She can't mark you unless she touches you, right Nina?" "Tell me it was just a dream," Amber cried. Nina grabbed hold of Amber, "It was just a dream. I'm so sorry for dragging you into all this Amber; you too Amelia." "Hey, you didn't drag, I pushed and I'm glad," Amber reassured her. Nina looked at Amber like she was crazy. "A crazy spirit targeted Fabian and me, and now she's after you, and you're glad?" "Well, that might be stretching it, but with you here life's never dull. Unlike your hair; you really need to do something about these split ends."

Nina laughed, "Yeah and it's not your fault I have some crazy, unknown connection to this house," Amelia reassured her. "Plus, we're happy to help. You and Fabian shouldn't have to go through all of this by yourselves. And also, I haven't seen the spirit yet, so I'm good," Amelia joked. Amber gasped, hitting the girl with her pillow. "Come on let's go to bed before Victor comes in and yells at us," Nina sighed. Both girls checked on Amber one last time to make sure she was okay, before walking back to their own beds, all of them quickly falling asleep.

****

Everyone woke up and got ready for Donkey Day. Amelia headed over early with Jerome to help him set up all the booths and activities. Jerome had somehow convinced Mr. Sweet to give them the whole day off to do Donkey Day, but it was still mandatory for the students to attend.

As soon as they arrived at the school, both Amber and Alfie, and Eddie and Patricia tied their ankles together for the wonky donkey challenge. Amelia was finishing up her and Joy's booth when she was both duos hobble in. "You guys look great," she told them as she followed them into the lounge.

When she walked in she saw Mara talking to Jerome. Amelia walked up to Jerome once Mara left. "What was that all about?" "Oh, Mara was just doing what she does best, ruining all my plans with Math. She was calculating all the money I'll be earning today, that she's forcing me to actually give to the donkey's, so she can rub it in my face. I mean can you believe her," he scoffed. "Yes, yes I can."

Amelia glanced over at the two pairs who were both sprawled out on the couches in the lounge. "Who do you think will last longer," she asked Jerome. "I'm thinking Alfie and Amber; you?" "I think Patricia and Eddie. both are competitive, plus I think Alfie and Amber will get tired of each other a lot quicker. Plus, I watched Amber drink a whole liter of water this morning, so she'll blow soon enough." Jerome laughed and shook his head agreeing with her.