[Chapter Fifty-One]

Amelia woke up the next morning eager to talk to Jerome about the gem and who he thought had possibly switched the gem out for a fake one. Amelia quickly showered and changed into her uniform before making hew way downstairs to Jerome and Alfie's room. She knocked on the door and walked in when she heard Jerome yell out, "Who is it?" 

"Morning," she smiled as she walked in and jumped onto his bed, watching as he tied his tie around his neck. "What's got you so chipper this morning?" "I got a good night's rest last night. Those are very rare for me these days," she sighed as she grabbed a tennis ball off his dresser and started to throw it up and down. 

"Not that I don't love seeing you, but why the early visit?" "You and me still have to finish our gem conversation from last night." Jerome's eyes widened as he shook his head rapidly. "Oh right, I totally forgot about that. Well, I'm almost positive that Jasper stole my gem and-." 

"Wait, wait, hold up; back up about two words there. You think Jasper, as in adorably sweet Jasper who couldn't hurt a fly Jasper, stole the gem from the shield?" Jerome shook his head and continued to tell Amelia his theory. "I saw him looking at the shield the day before and talking to someone named the Collector about the Frobisher gem. Then, the next day, the gem was gone and then poof another one was put in its place while I was looking for Mr. Sweet to show him." 

"Did you see Jasper that day at the school when the gem was stolen?" Jerome sighed and shook his head, "No, but I know it was him Amelia! And that's not all," he started as he reached into his dresser drawer and grabbed the letter Trudy had left for Jasper. He sat down on his bed, next to Amelia, and handed her the letter. 

"Why do you have the note that Trudy left for Jasper?" "I stole it that day we helped out in the library because I felt like there was something fishy about it. I was looking over it with Mara and-." "Mara knows about all of this," Amelia interrupted. Jerome shook his head, "Well, I needed someone to talk about all of this with while you went on your friend date last night," Jerome told her, causing her to stick out her tongue as she re-read the letter.

"So, what am I looking for," she asked him." "Read the first letter of each sentence. What does it spell?" Amelia's eyes widened as her eyes scanned down the margin of the letter. "Oh my gosh, it says help me. Do-do you think Jasper has anything to do with her disappearance?" "I don't know, but I'm not stopping until I find her." 

Amelia went to tell him that she would be with him every step of the way, when his bedroom door opened, and a shirtless Alfie with a towel wrapped around his waist walked in. Amelia and Alfie both screamed as Amelia flung herself over the side of Jerome's bed, so she wouldn't accidentally see anything that would scar her for life. "Amelia, it's okay; I'm fully clothed," Alfie laughed a few seconds later, as she peaked her head up from beside Jerome's bed. "Sorry Alfie, bye Jerome," she hurriedly said as she grabbed her bag and ran out of their room and into the dining room. 

Amelia sat down at the table and waited for the others to filter in. Jerome and Mara walked in shortly after her, whispering about the letter from Trudy and what it could mean. Everyone else filtered in behind them and sat down at the table, each of them immediately grabbing a plate of food. 

They all stopped short when Patricia and her twin sister Piper walked in. Amelia spit out the grape that she had just placed in her mouth as her eyes wandered back and forth between the two. "You're probably wondering who this is! Meet Piper," Patricia told them as Piper sent them all a small wave and sat down next to Alfie. 

"Oh, now it makes sense," Alfie smirked as he watched Piper, realizing that he hadn't fallen for Patricia over the past few days, but for her twin sister. "Tell me about it," Eddie muttered under his breath, loud enough for Amelia to catch it. "What, not happy to have two Patricia's? I thought you'd be ecstatic," Amelia joked, not knowing that Eddie had recently kissed Piper, thinking she was Patricia.