First Encounter

Both the families decided to meet in the evening and decide the place.

Kongpob's home

"Son, I'll head to the office, and you take your time getting ready. Be at the meeting place by 6 o'clock this evening. I'll be there on time too." Kongpob's father advised before heading into his room to prepare for work. Lost in his thoughts, Kongpob tried to reassure himself that everything would be alright

Arthit's home

The family was ready to head to the hotel for the meeting. Arthit, still angry, took the driver's seat in the car. His father occupied the passenger seat, while his mother sat in the back. They reached the hotel entrance with some time to spare before the meeting. Arthit's parents got out of the car and informed him of the room number for the meeting. 

Arthit mentioned, "I'll park the car and join you on time." With that, his parents made their way to the hotel room.

Kongpob also arrived at the hotel entrance and proceeded to park his car. Meanwhile, Arthit had already parked and was waiting for the elevator. As Kongpob arrived after parking, they both entered the elevator without exchanging glances. Coincidentally, they both pressed the same floor button, leading them to look at each other for the first time. Alone in the elevator, their fingers accidentally brushed as they both attempted to press the button. Arthit pulled his hand away abruptly, looking flustered. Kongpob calmly pressed the button and stood still.

Arthit was thinking about what would happen in the hotel room. To whom he was meeting and what will happen after meeting. What will happen if he had to marry someone. Was the person a girl or ....?

Arthit was preoccupied with thoughts about the upcoming meeting, who he was meeting, and the potential implications, including the possibility of marriage. Kongpob's mind was similarly occupied. Suddenly, the elevator came to an unexpected halt. Kongpob, seemingly unfazed, assumed it was a technical glitch that would soon be resolved. On the other hand, Arthit, who had a fear of enclosed spaces, began to feel anxious, his complexion turning pale. While Kongpob was occupied with his phone, he eventually noticed Arthit's heavy breathing. Concerned, he looked to his left to find Arthit struggling to compose himself, attempting to grip the elevator walls. Realizing Arthit's distress, Kongpob acted.

Without knowing what to do exactly, Kongpob reached out and firmly held Arthit's shoulders, asking, "Hey, what's wrong? Is there a problem? You don't look well."

Arthit struggled to calm himself and admitted, "This... this elevator, why did it stop? I need to get out. I can't stay in here. I.. I can't.. I can't be here."

Understanding the situation, Kongpob held onto Arthit's hand. Startled, Arthit initially resisted, but Kongpob placed his other hand on the back of Arthit's neck and took a step forward. In his panic, Arthit stepped back, bumping into the elevator wall. With a gentle touch, Kongpob withdrew his hand from Arthit's neck, maintaining his grip on Arthit's hand. 

Kongpob put more pressure on Arthit's hand. Arthit was like a man without any thoughts in his mind. He tried to speak," what... What are you doing? Leave me alone. Get away?"

Arthit's eyes widened, uncertain of the situation. Kongpob then placed both hands against the wall on either side of Arthit's head, leaning in closer. Arthit, bewildered, attempted to push Kongpob away, but Kongpob's position remained firm. 

Not able to figure out what was happening Arthit closed his eyes with so much force. His face was looking like an innocent puppy who was afraid of the outer world when he tries to open his eyes for the first time. Kongpob can't help but smile with this sweet action of Arthit.

Then Kongpob came closer to Arthit's left ear and said, "Don't be afraid. I am not gonna bite you." Arthit opened his eyes and made an angry face and pushed Kongpob with both hands. Kongpob held himself and stood against the wall while looking at Arthit. 

Unexpectedly, the elevator started moving again," what is happening? Why this lift is doing like this?" 

Kongpob was not angry when Arthit pushed him and infact he held Arthit's hands which were grabbing his arm. Arthit closed his eyes again and put his head on kongpob's chest. Kongpob smiled again and said, "don't worry it's just a minor problem. I faced it many time. It will be over soon and we'll be out of here. Just calm down." 

Unexpectedly, the elevator started moving again. Arthit was unaware of this development and continued holding onto Kongpob's arm until Kongpob gently shook him, prompting Arthit to release his grip. Embarrassed, Arthit apologized. They reached at their floor.

Kongpob said," it's fine. Next time don't be close to strangers" With a smile, Kongpob left the elevator as the doors opened, heading to the hotel room.

Arthit was still outside the lift and was thinking about what just happened. He thought," what was I doing. how can I grab someone's arm and become clingy. What he will think about. But... But wait he was the first one who grab my shoulder. Why I am even thinking about him. I should focus on for what I am here." 

Arthit, still processing the encounter, pondered his actions. He reminded himself to focus on the purpose of the meeting and tried to dismiss the confusing emotions he felt. Eventually, he regained his composure and joined the others in the hotel room.