News Revealed

Arthit's pov

Kongpob's hold on me broke as he gently cupped my face within his warm hands. His eyes bore into mine, and I sensed his internal struggle to express what was on his mind. Each time he seemed poised to speak, his lips moved soundlessly, intensifying my anxiety. The atmosphere thickened, and my nerves became even more frayed. Finally, he found his voice.

"I believe it's best if the doctor speaks directly to you. They can explain things in a clearer manner."

My heart raced; his words heightened my apprehension. My mind spun with fear and uncertainty. I clutched at his arms, my voice trembling as I implored, "Kongpob, what's happening to me? You're scaring me."

Kongpob's hands soothed my cheeks, his eyes softening. "No, love, don't worry. You're perfectly fine. Just take a deep breath. I don't want to confuse you, so let the doctor explain. I'll be right here with you. I don't want you to be freak out. Dr will explain to you and I'll be by your side while all the time."

"Why can't you just tell me? Is it that serious? Am I... dying?"

He hastened to reassure me, "No, no, no, sweetheart. You're not dying, and you're not leaving me. Relax. Let me call the doctor, and we'll have everything explained properly."

"O...ok"

My anxiety deepened, and a sinking feeling settled in my chest. He dialed a number on his phone, requesting someone's presence in the room. "Hello, P May. Could you please come here? There are things I can't quite explain. It would be better if you could come and talk to Arthit."

His end of the conversation was tense, a mixture of anxious anticipation and a hint of urgency. "Yeah, I'm waiting."

Ending the call, he settled beside me on the bed, his grasp returning to my hands. His calming presence was a lifeline in that moment of turmoil. Soon, a knock sounded at the door, and P May entered the room. Recognition flashed in my mind; I'd seen her before, though the details were fuzzy. She positioned herself by the bed, and Kongpob exchanged greetings with her.

"Thank you for coming, P May."

"No worries, Kongpob. It's my duty."

They shared a knowing smile before he turned his attention to me, introducing us formally.

"Love, do you remember P May? She's my cousin; you've seen her on video calls with me."

Recognition dawned as I pieced together her identity. A smile tugged at her lips as she directed it towards me. Suddenly, self-consciousness gripped me, and I instinctively sought refuge by burying my face in Kongpob's neck. I could sense her gaze on me, and the awkwardness amplified. Kongpob embraced me without hesitation, offering comfort and protection as I grappled with my unease.

"What's wrong, baby? Are you okay? Are you feeling any pain?"

I couldn't find the words to reply, so I simply shook my head, my grip on his shirt tightening.

"Love it's ok. It's alright. You're safe. She's a friend, and she's my cousin. Let her explain things to you about your health."

Despite his reassurances, a soft whimper escaped my lips, and I continued to shy away from facing P May. At that moment, her voice broke through my internal turmoil.

"Sweetheart, I won't do anything to hurt you. I'm here to explain things about your health. Can you please look at me?"I just hummed be in response. Then she proceed to explain.

I hummed a response, gradually lifting my head to meet her gaze. She proceeded to address me.

"Okay... So, Arthit, how do you feel about children?"