Get Together

Arthit's pov

Kong dropped me off at the office and was about to leave when I heard a voice calling out Kong's name. I turned around to see who it was, and to my surprise, it was my colleague Wad.

Wad was quite friendly with everyone in the office, and he was the first person to befriend me when I joined. He was smart and energetic. But what struck me was that he recognized Kongpob. I hadn't mentioned Kong to him, and even if I had, how would he know it was him?

"Hey Kongpob, long time no see. Where have you been since college? We haven't met in a while."

I watched them interact, puzzled by how they knew each other. Then Kongpob responded,

"Yeah, it's been almost a year since we last met."

"Great he even remember the time after they last met. And look how he is laughing like an idiot. He never laughed like this with me."

Then they both hugged each other tightly like they were separated brothers from childhood. I gritted my teeth and tried to attract their attention to me by coughing fake.

Kongpob introduced us, "Arthit, meet my college friend Wad."

"Yeah, I know him," I replied curtly.

Kong asked, "How?"

Wad chimed in, "Well, we work together here."

Kong was taken aback, "Oh, I didn't know that."

I added, "Yeah, I didn't know you two knew each other either."

Kong teased, "Because you never told me about your colleagues and office. How could I have guessed?"

"As if you've told me about all your friends."

"Or should I say boyfriends." He thought

Wad asked Kongpob, "By the way, how do you know Arthit?"

Kong:" we are "

Kong began to answer, but I interjected, "We're roommates."

Kong looked at me with surprise, but I ignored him.

Wad continued, "Kongpob, you're sharing a place with him? That's great. We can all hang out together then."

Kong agreed, "Yeah, why not? That sounds fun. I mean of course."

Wad invited him to a get-together that night, " Kongpob now we have met again after long time, I want to invite you to a get together. All of our college friends coming tonight to club. What do you think?"

"He should not go. He wouldn't leave me alone. Stupid wad. How can he go without me."

Kong accepted, "I don't have any plans. I'm in."

"What the hell. How can he just abdone me like this. How can he just enjoy his night with his friends without me."

Wad asked me, "What about you, Arthit? It'll be fun."

I hesitated, "I don't think I can make it tonight. I have an important meeting tomorrow, and I need to prepare tonight."

Wad understood, "That's unfortunate. But work comes first. We can't avoid that."

"Yeah, I promise I'll join next time."

Wad bid Kongpob goodbye, "See you tonight."

Then Wad told me to go to our office otherwise we'll be late. As Kongpob drove away, I felt a growing sense of annoyance towards Wad. How could Kong be so friendly with him? I found myself disliking Wad for reasons I couldn't entirely comprehend

In the evening, Kongpob picked me up from the office, and we returned home. Neither of us said a word during the ride or after we got home. Kongpob went directly into the bathroom to get ready for his get-together. When he emerged, he was dressed in a white t-shirt, a black jacket, black jeans—a look he didn't don for me anymore but to meet his friends and that stupid wad. I found myself unconsciously admiring his appearance from head to toe. He didn't notice, but I felt my mouth go dry at the sight.

He announced, "I'll be out late tonight. Don't wait up for me. Have dinner and don't stay up too late."

I was hardly listening; my mind was consumed by the idea of him enjoying his night with his friends, especially that idiot Wad. I was almost drooling over Kongpob, and he had to remind me not to miss him.

As he moved to leave the house, he turned towards me and smiled. His smile sent a rush of embarrassment through me, and I avoided his gaze.

Kongpob chuckled, "And don't miss me too much." he added with a wink and laughed at my flustered state, playfully touching my chin to close my gaping mouth.

I felt mortified. What was I even doing? I had been openly ogling him, practically drooling. What must he think of me? I cursed myself for being so foolish.

I tried to regain my composure and freshened up. I ate my dinner alone and settled down to prepare for my meeting the next morning. It was only 9.30 and I was already feeling lonely.

"What is he doing right now. Is he doing fun with his friends and ....and wad. Are they very close to each other. What if they ended up drunk. What if they ended up together. What if he don't want to be with me. Oii.... What the hell I am thinking. What if ended up with that jerk wad. Even if he do so, why I am getting nervous like this."

Then, my phone rang. It was Kongpob calling. I answered quickly.

Kong's voice greeted me, "Hey, how are you? Did you have dinner?"

I retorted, "Why do you care about me? Just go and enjoy your get-together wi...with your friends."

Kong laughed, "Haha, okay, don't make me worry. Make sure you eat well. I'll be back soon."

I was about to say something, but I heard another voice on the line, someone else speaking. It sounded like Wad, "Hey Kongpob, sweetheart, What the hell are you doing there? Get over here. You're going to miss out on all the fun. Let's dance!"

"What the f...ck. Is it Wad. I am sure it's his voice. What did he call him. How can he call him sweetheart."

Kongpob replied, "I'm coming. Just give me a minute. Sorry, Arthit, I have to go. I'll be back home soon. Take care."

He hung up before I could respond. I felt a mixture of frustration and hurt. How could he just hang up on me like that? Seriously this man was just a jerk.

The lights suddenly went out, plunging the room into darkness. I quickly grabbed my phone to use its flashlight, trying to figure out the cause of the power outage. As I moved towards the hall, my foot collided with a table, and I stumbled, dropping my phone. It fell by the table, and I found myself struggling to breathe, panic setting in. I managed to retrieve my phone and started dialing Kongpob's number.

"Damn Kongpob, Come on, answer the phone."

I tried calling him several times but he didn't answer.

Then suddenly I realized I have Wad's number. I dialed and it was ringing. At that time I was already panicking. My hands were trembling. I couldn't hold my self. Then luckily Wad picked up the phone.