Initiate

Win's pov

It had been two long days since the trial, and Earth seemed to be avoiding me like the plague. Every time I tried to approach him, he'd dart in the opposite direction. He even refrained from sneaking into my room in the middle of the night, all because of his irrational fear of ghosts. What on earth was wrong with him? What had I done to deserve this cold shoulder treatment?

"Earth, where are you going?" I called out as I spotted him making his way towards the front door of our apartment. I had been cleaning the hall when I noticed his departure.

Silence once again. I discarded the rag in my hand and headed over to him. He was still in the process of putting on his shoes. I grabbed his elbow and pulled him close to me, startling him as he looked at me with wide eyes.

"I'm asking you, Earth. Where are you going?" I inquired firmly.

"Why do you care? I'll go wherever I want. I don't have to tell you or seek your permission," he retorted, his response catching me off guard. This was the first thing he had said in two days.

"Earth, what happened? What did I do wrong? Please tell me so we can resolve it. If you continue to ignore me like this, how will I ever know what I did?" I softly implored.

"What did you do? Why the hell should I tell you? Remember it yourself. You don't need me for anything. Why would I help you remember something?" His reply left me sighing in exasperation. This was a nightmare. Whenever we argued, he would never utter a word, especially if it was my fault. He'd just keep his lips sealed and let the misunderstanding fester.

"Earth, you're making it hard for me. Can we just talk? Please, for God's sake, sit down with me, and we'll discuss it."

"No, I don't want to," he responded quickly and without hesitation.

"You're pushing me to do something I might regret," I warned him. He glared at me, pulling his elbow out of my grasp, putting on his other shoe, and gripping the doorknob. Before he could open the door, I firmly grasped the hand that held the knob and pulled him closer. Then, I secured his waist with my arm and hoisted him over my shoulder. He was dumbfounded and unable to put up a fight. When I began to walk towards my room, he regained his composure and shouted my name, kicking and punching me in protest.

"P Win, what the heck are you doing? Put me down right now!" I didn't respond, continuing to walk.

"P, let me go, you jerk, dishonest bastard! Let me go!" It was the first time he had ever cursed at me. I entered my room and gently placed him on the bed, looming over him. He gasped at our current situation and punched my chest with clenched fists.

"Get off my body! Let me go, you bastard!" I grabbed his hands, pinning them above his head with one hand while my other hand rested beneath his neck.

"Shut up, Earth. Don't provoke me further. Are you going to talk or not? Tell me what I did wrong." He attempted to turn his face to the left, but I held his neck in place, urging him to keep it still. He closed his eyes, trying to ignore my gaze. That's when I noticed a tear forming in his left eye, rolling down and landing on the cushion beneath his head. I grew concerned by his behavior. He had never cried before, not even when he didn't get into his preferred college course, or when his father abandoned him and his mother for someone else. He didn't cry when his first girlfriend cheated on him. But today, he cried.

"Earth, look at me. Tell me what happened." He shook his head, still keeping his eyes closed, and a sob escaped his lips.

"Baby, please. Don't cry. Please tell me." I released his hands, and he continued to punch me while crying. I didn't stop him, allowing him to vent his frustration. After a while, he grew tired, and his hands fell to either side of the bed. He lay there motionless, still sobbing. I kissed his forehead, leaving my lips there for a moment.