Mood Swings

Arthit's pov

It's the next morning in my hospital room, and Kongpob and our family are present. I can't help but sulk after last night. You know why.

(Why...?)

Ugh, I can't stand him right now. I'm furious with Kongpob.

(No you're not.)

Yes, I am. He didn't get me my pink milk last night. Right now, I'm mad at all of them for depriving me of my precious pink milk.

"Baby, can you please listen to me? Look at me." He sighs as I turn my back to everyone, refusing to talk. I feel him sit beside me on the bed and start drawing circles on my back in an attempt to calm me down.

"Love, you know the doctors have advised you not to consume anything unhealthy right now. You're on medication, and once you're healthy, I promise I'll fill our home with pink milk. Please, kitten, talk to me." I stay silent, still pouting. He sighs again and walks away. I hear the sighs of our family members too. My Pa then speaks up.

"He won't listen to anyone, Kong. It's no use. Don't worry, he'll be back to his usual self soon. He's just upset over not having his favorite drink." My father chimmed in.

"But Pa, he hasn't eaten anything since he woke up. Should I talk to the doctors again? Maybe they can consider allowing him to have pink milk. I just... don't know what to do."

Another heavy sigh from him. I start to feel guilty as I hear the exhaustion in his voice. I turn to face everyone. Kongpob is sitting in a chair beside my bed, and I sit up on the bed. All eyes are on him, so I remain silent and dangle my legs off the bed, attempting to stand. But I quickly realize that I lack the energy. My body feels drained.

 I was suffering from my first periods and its my 2nd day. And it felt like hell. I had stomach cramps since midnight and felt lethargic. I whimpered when I felt another stream of pain in my back and abdomin. All of them looked at me with pitiful eyes. I clutched my back with my hands for hoping to lessen the pain but to no gain.

"Ko...kong."

He gasps and rushes over, picking me up in a bridal style. I wrap my arms around his neck.

"Why are you trying to get up? You shouldn't, love. You're still recovering. Seriously, my heart, it's going to leap out of my chest if you keep doing this. Please, baby, spare me. I want to live a little longer with you."His words tug at my heart, and tears start streaming down my face. A sob escapes my lips, and I cling to him, burying my head in the crook of his neck.

"I... I'm sorry." And then I just break down. "Sorry. Sorry. Sorry. Sorry." I chant the word over and over, unable to catch my breath between the sobs.

"Arthit, please, stop. Breathe, love. Take a break. Breathe for me." As I hear him say my name, a thought crosses my mind that Kongpob must be mad at me. He rarely calls me by my name unless he's upset. This realization only causes more tears and sobs.

"Baby, shhh. It's okay. We're fine. Just breathe. You're going to make yourself sick if you keep going like this." I remain in the same position. Our family members discreetly exit the room, leaving us alone. But I'm too lost in my turmoil to notice.

"That's it. You're okay. Just breathe in... Good... Now breathe out. Once more, breathe in... and breathe out." We repeat the breathing exercise for a while, and my sobs start turning into hiccups.

"Am... am sorry. You... you're mad. I... I don't... want pink... pink milk." Kong tightens his embrace, tracing circles on my back to offer comfort.

"Oh, love, I'm not mad. I'm just worried about you. Everything's alright. Please, stop crying. You're far too precious to be shedding these stupid tears like this. I'll bring the whole world to you if you want. Just stop crying, okay? It's not good for you."

"My tears are ....are not stupid. I don't..lo..look funny." I slapped his chest and whined.

Gradually, my emotions begin to stabilize. The hiccups fade away, and Kongpob's swaying motion calms me. I'm utterly exhausted, and the constant rollercoaster of emotions is wearing me out. I don't know how other people handle this – being a girl is tough. The whole period thing feels like a curse. I'm already tired of it.

"Kong, I'm hungry"

He continues to sway gently, assuring me, "Okay, we'll get you something to eat. For now, just stay like this. I need to recharge with you."

A chuckle escapes me, and we remain like that for what feels like five minutes or more. I don't mind; we need this. I need him more than anything right now. But eventually, I start feeling uncomfortable in my back. In fact, I've been feeling uncomfortable since yesterday. I don't like that tampon thing. I whimper as I feel another wave of uneasiness, wriggling on Kong's lap. He panics.

"Baby, are you alright? Are you hurt? Tell me, I'll call the doctors. Wait just a moment. Don't panic, love. And don't worry, I'm here." He's talking a mile a minute, laying me down on the bed and reaching for a button on the wall. I grab his hand, stopping him, and say,

He rambled on and on. He lay me down on the bed and go for pressing a button over the bed on the wall. But grab his hand and said,

"No, I'm fine. I'm just... uncomfortable."

He relaxes a bit and asks, his concern evident, "Baby, what's wrong? What's making you uncomfortable? Tell me, and we'll fix it."

I hesitate for a moment before blurting out my frustration, "I... I want that thing out... from my... my ass."

Kong looks stunned by my confession. "Oh... um, okay. Sure, I guess. By the way, that 'thing' is a tampon, and it's helping you, love. We can't really take it out."

But I start whining. It's new for me, and he's not exactly helping, "Kongpob, can't you understand? I want that little dick out of my ass. I feel like someone's fucking me 24/7. I need it out now. Do you get it?"

I snap at him, completely irritated. He looks surprised by my sudden outburst.

"Oh my god, what's with your language?"

I glare at him, and he raises his hands in surrender before saying, "Okay, okay, we'll take care of it. Just stop scaring me." He says it playfully, trying to lighten the mood.

He presses the button on the wall, then sits back on the bed with me. I sigh and snuggle into his arms, closing my eyes. It's as if my body moves on its own. Yeah, I know, I must look like a love-sick fool. 

After a while, P' May enters the room, "What's up, lovebirds? Everything good? What's with the bell? Is something wrong?"

"Well, he's not comfortable with the tampon and doesn't want it." He says it casually, which feels like a bucket of ice water being poured on me. Couldn't he have said it more gently? I mean, be a bit more subtle. Now I'm embarrassed beyond belief. I wish I had some water to drown myself. Then P' May turns her attention to me.

"Arthit, it's very brave of you to talk about this. Do you really want to change it?"

I'm unable to find my voice, so I just nod against Kong's chest, my ears and cheeks burning bright red.

"Alright, we can make that change. You'll be more comfortable with sanitary pads instead of tampons. I'll arrange everything and come back."

I nodded again, managing to thank her softly. Kongpob also expressed his gratitude before she leaves us alone.

"Baby, you need some rest. I'll help you lie back down and then bring you some breakfast. You must be hungry. I'll find someone to stay with you, okay?" I respond with a simple hum as he gently lays me down on the bed. He then leaves the room after showering me with sweet pecks on my lips. Not long after, my mom enters the room.

"Hey, my love, are you feeling okay?"

"Yes mom. "

"Alright, just let me know if you need anything. Kong will be here soon. For now, try to get some rest, sweetheart." She kisses my forehead. I offer her a small smile and close my eyes.

As I lay there, I began to ponder my wildly fluctuating emotions. I've been alternating between snapping at people and bursting into tears. What's with these sudden mood changes? Maybe I should discuss this with the doctors. It might be related to my period somehow. Honestly, I was not sure. Exhaustion started to overtake my thoughts, and within minutes, I drifted into sleep.