A Rocky Road

Arthit's Pov

I was enjoying my bachelorhood, relishing the thought of having a few more months before we started preparing for our wedding. But no, Kongpob, that moron, had other plans. Can you believe what that airhead did?

"I hate you so much. Go away. I don't want to see you right now!" I yelled at him from behind the bathroom door. I was crouched down, vomiting, and his banging on the door was doing nothing to help my headache or temper.

"Baby, please, let me come in. I need to see you. Are you alright? Oh, of course, you're not. How stupid I am. Let me come in, Love. We need to go to the hospital. You're not well. Please, unlock the door. I'm getting worried here," he pleaded, his voice laced with concern.

"Kong, you're not helping. Stop banging on the f*cking door. It's hurting my head," I snapped, feeling utterly miserable. Thankfully, the banging ceased, and I heard his footsteps moving away from the door. I sat on the bathroom floor, waiting for some energy to return so I could at least stand up.

"Oh my god, Love, I told you to open the door. Why are you being so stubborn? I know I am at fault, but I am apologizing again and again. Please, forgive me. At least let me take care of you," he implored when he saw I wasn't paying much attention. He rubbed my back until I calmed down a bit. The vomiting stopped, and my vision cleared slightly. I managed to hold his hand and struggled to my feet.

"Are you done here?" he asked gently.

"Y-yes," I replied, feeling a bit more stable.

"Okay, I'm not leaving you alone here. Do you want to brush?" he offered.

I nodded weakly, and he helped me brush my teeth and take a shower. I felt significantly refreshed afterward.

"I'm ordering breakfast for us. Tul isn't here yet. After breakfast, we're going to the hospital. I've already made an appointment with Dr. P May. Do you need anything while I'm showering? My clothes are damp," he asked as he settled me onto the bed.

"We... we need to talk," I said, my voice trembling. He hesitated for a moment but then nodded.

"Okay, I'll be quick. We'll talk," he promised.

True to his word, less than 15 minutes later, he sat down in front of me, fidgeting nervously.

"First of all, I'm sorry. I really am. I didn't know when that happened, and in my defense, we were both high on wine that night. I think maybe we shouldn't drink wine anymore. I'm totally quitting alcohol," he said, glancing at me for some sort of confirmation.

"I'm going off-topic. Love, if I say I'm not regretting a single second of that night, would you be mad? It's true. I'm not regretting it then, and I'm not regretting it now. I'm definitely not regretting this. It's... it's overwhelming, I know, for you and for me as well. But, Baby, I'd never trade this for anything. I love you, and I will love our baby as much as I love you. Maybe even a little more. I'm not going anywhere. I'm here forever—for you, for our baby, for our future," he declared, tears filling both of our eyes. Emotions were running wild inside me.

"I don't regret it either. I was... I was just scared that you might not be sure about this. We just got together, and we only got engaged two months ago, and now I'm pregnant. I thought you'd get cold feet and run away from me. And I'm not even that successful in my career right now. What would I do if you decided it was a mistake? Of course, I would keep my baby, but I'd be a terrible mother if I couldn't provide everything they deserve as a single parent. I thought about leaving the country and eloping somewhere to give birth and then find a job there. I also planned to tell my parents after giving birth. They love me, so I was sure they would forgive me for eloping without telling them. I also planned to tell our baby about you, but not until they were ready to understand the situation," I confessed, my heart pounding as I looked at him. He stared at me, not blinking and with his mouth agape like a fish.

"What?" I asked nervously as we continued to gaze at each other.

"You really gave thorough thought to this situation," he finally said.

"Of course! I'd never abort an innocent soul," I replied firmly.

"And you decided to elope?"

"Yes, if you weren't accepting the child, then yes."

"But you love me. Why would you leave me?"

"Haven't you heard what I said earlier, you dumbass? I said that if you didn't accept the situation, I was thinking about eloping. But now that we've talked about this, I think that won't be necessary. I love you, but I'm never going to compromise when it comes to my child or children. It could be twins, triplets, or even more. I read a news article about a woman giving birth to five babies. That's a lot of babies," I rambled on, seeing Kongpob staring at me with an amused smile.

"Calm down, Love. Take a deep breath. You're rambling just like I was earlier. I know we're both nervous wrecks, but I am as ready as I can be to start this. I'm not going anywhere. I'm right here beside you for every phase of our lives," he reassured me, and that's exactly what I needed to hear at that moment.