Surprised

Kong's pov

It might seem too early, considering the time we've known each other, but I've been carrying this question with me for a while now. Our parents are thrilled that we've accepted our relationship, but there was always a lingering question in the back of their minds: would Arthit accept the idea of us being together and getting married? Well, the reason for his hospitalization answered that question for them, and now I'm eager to ask him the most anticipated question of my life. Yes, you read it right. I'm practically shouting it in my mind: "Will you marry me?"

I was pulled out of my thoughts by Arthit's voice.

"Ong... Kong... Kong. What the hell?"

"Ouch! What the heck? Why are you hitting me?" I groaned in pain as he smacked my head.

"I've been calling you for a while, and you're so lost in god knows what! You've ruined this poor omelette. Look, you've murdered this innocent piece of bread too." He pointed at my plate.

"Oh, I... I was thinking about an important meeting," I lied, trying to smile convincingly.

"Really? Is that so?" He raised an eyebrow skeptically.

"Yes, love. Now come on, let's get ready. Your parents will blame me if we're late." We were going to meet his parents today. It had been nearly a month since Arthit joined me at the company, and we hadn't had much time to visit our parents.

"Okay, I'll go get ready." He left the table excitedly and rushed off to prepare. I followed suit, slowly making my way to our room. We took separate showers, partly to save time. We both knew that showering together would likely lead to activities that could hinder our family gathering, and I wanted to avoid that for now. We got ready in record time and left for his parents' house. I hadn't forgotten the most crucial thing.

"Kong, should we bring something for them?" I heard him ask as we were driving.

"What would you like to buy?" I inquired.

"I don't know, maybe something to eat. Since we'll be staying until evening, we might have lunch there."

"Alright, good idea. We can buy their favorite dish on the way."

"Great, thanks." He was beaming with joy at my response. I chuckled and replied, "Baby, there's no need to say thanks. They're my parents too, and I want to make them happy."

He gave me a warm smile and nodded shyly. That's what we did – we bought some dishes and arrived at our destination half an hour later.

"Mom, Dad, I missed you," Arthit exclaimed with excitement as he embraced his parents the moment we entered their house.

"My baby, we missed you too, honey," his mom replied, equally thrilled.

"I didn't have time to miss you, sorry," his dad teased, momentarily deflating Arthit's excitement. However, his dad quickly hugged him, seeking forgiveness.

"Haha, I was just joking. Forgive me. Don't be sad. I missed you more than your mother."

"Really?" Arthit asked adorably.

"No, not really."

"Mom... Dad is bullying me!" He turned to tattle on his dad.

"Okay, I think I need some attention too," I interjected to divert some of their focus.

"Haha, of course, you do. Come here, young man," his dad invited me for a warm hug.

"Now, are you ready for the moment?" he whispered in my ear.

"Absolutely. I can't wait to ask," I replied in a hushed tone. He patted my back to silently encourage me. After some light conversation, my father joined us for lunch. Once we'd eaten, we headed to the backyard of the house. Arthit was with his mom and seemed puzzled, looking around at the decorations.