Overcome the fears

Arthit's pov

"Let's have a vacation," Kong suddenly proposed during our breakfast. It had been a week since the trial, and Kong had returned to his regular routine after just two days. I, on the other hand, had been confined to the house with strict orders from both my family and him to rest.

"Um, okay. But why the sudden vacation plan?" I inquired.

"Well, we both need to relax our minds. We've been under immense stress for the last two months. You're tired and could use a break. As for me, I want some quality time with my boyfriend in a romantic and quiet place." Kong gazed at me, wiggling his eyebrows, and asked, "What do you think?"

"But what about your company? I'm supposed to start my job in two days, and honestly, I don't feel ready to go out just yet. I... I think we should postpone it," I replied. I was still apprehensive about venturing outside alone, but I didn't want to worry him, so I tried to hide my fears.

"You don't have to be scared, love. I'll be with you the whole time. We can invite P Max, Tul, Win, and Earth to join us. It will make you feel safer. You need to get out of the house, Arthit. You can't hide indoors forever," Kong reassured me. He got up from his seat and sat on the floor in front of me, taking my hands in his and holding them firmly.

"I... I don't want to. I don't want to experience that again. I don't want to be a victim of that horrific incident, not anymore. I can't. I... I'm sorry. Can we just stay here and not go out for a while?" I sighed, my eyes focused on my hands. Tears welled up in my eyes, and Kong gently lifted my chin to make me look at him.

"Talk to me, love. What are you afraid of? Those people are already in prison, and they won't be out for a long time. So, what's holding you back from going out?" Kong asked, his concern evident. A few tears escaped from my eyes, and Kong enveloped me in his arms.

"I....I am s..sorry. I am sca....scared. I am sorry." Kong's eyes were filled with concern, and he pulled me into a tight embrace, holding me close for comfort.

"Oh love. It's okay. It's perfectly normal to be scared. But it shouldn't control your life like this. At some point, you have to step outside. You have your job, a promising career, your family, friends, and, of course, me. Do you want to give up on your dreams for this fear? Are your dreams worth less than your fears? You are stronger than this, Arthit. I know the Arthit I fell in love with can overcome anything in an instant. Don't you think so?" Kong comforted me, and I had a good cry, letting go of my fears and doubts.

"I love you. I'll go. We'll go on vacation. I'm sorry for giving you a hard time. I won't make you worry about me anymore, I promise," I said after our emotional release. Kong let go of me, and I looked at him with teary eyes.

"Don't say that again, do you hear me? Never say that. You're not a burden to me. You're my partner, and it's my responsibility to take care of you. I worry because I love you so much, and I can't bear to see you suffer like this. So, don't ever think that you're a burden. Do you understand?" He said sternly in the end. I nodded, and he sealed the promise with a long kiss.

"Let's inform the others. We'll leave this evening. Go pack our bags, and I'll call P Max and the boys," he said, kissing my forehead and directing me to our room to pack. As I packed, I contemplated what he had said earlier. I had been foolish to jeopardize my relationships and my future because of my past. I wasn't alone; Kong was by my side, and everyone had my back. I would survive this; I was sure of it.

Kong's pov

The reason I had planned this vacation was that I could see the struggle Arthit was trying to hide from me. I knew he had a tendency to keep things to himself, but I couldn't allow him to continue like this. It wasn't healthy for him, and it wasn't healthy for our relationship.