Life with drama is fun

3rd person pov

The newly married couple was still riding the wave of their recent wedding and the excitement of expecting their first child. Life felt like a dream, with hope and happiness at the forefront. However, as they say, life is full of surprises, and a little drama was on the horizon.

Kong, still seeking the right fit for his secretary position, vented his frustration to Tom, who had been filling in temporarily. Tom, Kong's childhood friend, couldn't help but be annoyed by Kong's antics.

Kong, with an air of exasperation, questioned both his temporary assistant and his cousin Max's assistant, "Can't we find a single descent candidate for the position of my secretary?"

"Can you please explain what your definition of 'decent' is? Why are you being so difficult!! All those candidates were more than qualified to be your secretary. What more do you need?" Tom asked, exasperated by Kong's high standards. He was 5 years older than Kong and had known him since their childhood. And antics of the younger were getting the best out of him, making him extremely annoyed. 

"They're all like pompous, shiny clowns, Tom. Who goes to an interview with loads of makeup and a diva-like attitude? We already have enough of those types in our company. I need someone sensible and understanding who can handle me throughout the day," Kong complained.

Tom left the office to check if there were any more candidates to interview but returned with the disappointing news that there were none. Kong sighed in frustration, lamenting another challenging day.

"Arghh another dreadful day. When is P Max coming back? I don't want you gone until we find a solution to this assistant problem," Kong whined.

"Well, He won't be back for another three days, as far as I know. But seriously, Kong, you need to lower your perfectionism a bit and select someone," Tom advised, trying to reason with his friend. "I can't tolerate your whining as*s for much longer."

"I didn't whine," Kong said vehemently.

"Of course," Tom replied sarcastically. He then asked Kong if he wanted something for lunch, as it was already past noon. Eventually, they left the office to have lunch and discuss potential solutions to Kong's secretary dilemma.

"So do you have someone to recommend who can pass as my assistance?" Kong asked Tom while enjoying their lunch. Tom was a bit startled by Kong's questions. But relaxed after a while abandoning the spoons on his plate.

"Um, one friend of mine is looking for an internship. He is my uncle's stepson. He has completed his graduation and now doing a long-distance Master's diploma in Business. Umm so yeah, he is seeking an internship right now." Tom slowly explained it to Kong and looked at him for a reply.

Kong considered the suggestion seriously and agreed to give it a try. "We can give it a try," he said, "but there will be an interview to assess his qualifications." Tom nodded in appreciation, and they resumed their lunch.

Later in the evening, Kong returned home to find Arthit eagerly waiting for their dinner date.

"Kong, you're home," Arthit greeted him with a warm smile, his excitement evident.

Kong hugged his husband affectionately. "How are you doing? How is my little bean?"

Arthit playfully protested, "Stop calling our baby 'little bean.' Look at me; my stomach is getting bigger every day."

Kong smiled, teasing, "And how do you know it's a boy? I think it's a girl, just as beautiful as you are."

Arthit replied, excitedly, "I don't think; I know it's a boy."

Kong, however, had a different feeling. "But I have this feeling we'll be having a beautiful girl." His words triggered a sudden change in Arthit's demeanor. His lip quivered, and he turned to walk towards their room.

Kong was puzzled by Arthit's reaction but quickly realized his mistake. He followed Arthit into the room, trying to console him.

"Hey, hey, baby, stop," Kong called after him. "Okay, I was wrong to say this. Listen to me."

Arthit stopped but remained turned away. Kong continued, "I didn't mean it, love. It was just a thought. Whatever our baby's gender is, I will love them unconditionally. I promise you that there will never be a day when I don't love our child, whether it's a boy or a girl."

Arthit turned back around, his eyes filled with tears. He admitted his own doubts, asking, "You don't want a boy?"

Kong struggled to find the right words. "No, love, that's not it at all. I don't mind whether our baby is a boy or a girl. Heck, I don't even care about that. I just want you and our baby to be healthy and happy."

Arthit continued to probe, "Then why were you so insistent that our baby will be a girl? You don't want our baby to be a boy?"

Kong responded seriously, "Love, it was just a thought. Whatever our baby's gender is, I will love them unconditionally. I promise you that there will be no day when I wouldn't love our child, whether it's a boy or a girl."

Arthit snuggled closer to Kong, hugging him tightly to show his insecurities.

Kong reassured his husband, "What are you afraid of, Arthit? Please tell me so I can help you get rid of those doubts."

Arthit buried his head in Kong's chest, admitting, "I don't know why I said that. I'm just an emotional wreck and afraid. I don't know what's happening to me. I trust you, and I know you would never abandon our child, but sometimes my thoughts are like a roller-coaster, and I don't know how to stop them."

Kong hugged Arthit even tighter, assuring him, "I'm so proud of you for expressing what's on your mind. Please never keep anything from me. It would be a shame if I couldn't keep you emotionally and physically healthy. You're my husband, and you're the only person I love and cherish. I don't mind if you're thinking about our child. It's normal. But if you ever have any doubts about me or our child, please tell me."

Kong encouraged Arthit to rest, promising that they would go on their dinner date afterward.

"I love you," Arthit whispered as he snuggled into Kong's chest.

"I love you too," Kong replied with a smile, gently kissing his husband's forehead.