Another Shock

Arthit's pov

After a few days of that date and a few chats, I thought he was not a bad person. Sure, he could be irritating, but beyond that, he was undeniably handsome, caring, and well-mannered. He seemed to be putting in a lot of effort to make me happy.

"Thinking about the opening car door for Arthit, when they were going on a date, and also that scene of pulling a chair for him in the restaurant."

Occasionally, he'd pick me up from work, and we'd have lunch or dinner together. His attempts to flatter me were evident, and it made me wonder: Did he genuinely like me, or had I developed some feelings for him?

I reminded myself, "No, no. I need to focus on my new job. It's only been a few days since I started as an assistant at the company. My career should be my priority."

My father asked, "Son, are you ready to go to the office?"

"Yes, Pa. Is there something you want to talk about?"

My father continued, "So, how are things between you... and Kongpob?"

" Pa.., why are you bringing this up now?"

My father said, "Listen, son, I'm not pushing you into anything, but you need to think about your future. It won't be easy for you to be on your own once I'm not around. I'll be worried about you."

" Pa don't worry I'll take care of myself. And Pa I want to talk to you about ..... About !"

My father inquired, "About what?"

" Pa I was thinking about moving out. I have already started working now. And I want to experience the life on my own.?

" What are you talking? You can't leave the house like that. You can't live alone. I won't allow that. Living alone is out of the question." My father's response caught me off guard.

"But Pa I'm not a child anymore. You can't dictate my choices like this.  You can't scatter my dreams like this?" 

"How I am scattering your dreams? "How am I dictating your choices? I'm telling you that you can't live alone. And that's final. There's no more discussion on this matter." My father's tone grew more resolute.

" But Pa"

" No, otherwise you have to join my company and leave your dreams in a box."

Once again, I was cut off by my father. It was infuriating that he could still exercise such authority over my decisions. Like hell, Did he not see how mature I'd become? How can my father empower my decision like this? I hated this when my pa threatened me to join his company. I stormed out of the house in anger that morning and headed to the office. Throughout the day, I was preoccupied by thoughts of our argument. It was impossible to focus on work in such a state. I had to find a way to get my father to understand. But how?

When evening came, I returned home, my mind still heavy with the day's events. As I climbed the stairs, I heard a familiar voice emanating from my room. I hurriedly entered, finding my father engaged in a cheerful conversation with Kongpob. I wondered what they were discussing. Then, my father uttered a sentence that sent my emotions soaring and I was on clouds.

"Come here, son, and see who's here."

I looked towards Kongpob, who greeted me with a warm smile. Naturally, I returned the gesture.

" Pa, what's going on?"

My father said, "You're moving out."

At that moment, I felt like a 5-year-old child receiving their most coveted toy from their parents. I hugged my father tightly, my words brimming with sincerity, "I love you, Dad. You're the best."

Kongpob watched with a broad grin, remarking, "You're quite the kid."

I ignored his comment, completely absorbed in the warmth of the moment. Then my father dropped the bombshell.

"Moving out with Kongpob."

"Haa, what.....what did you say?

" You are moving out with Kongpob."

I was taken aback by my father's announcement. I protested vehemently, but my father's next words were equally surprising.

"If you can't stay with him you are not allowed to move out alone."

Stuck between a rock and a hard place, I found myself reluctantly agreeing to the arrangement. Meanwhile, Kongpob looked like he'd won the lottery, his smile communicating his satisfaction. And there I stood, gritting my teeth, unable to do anything about it.