Day 1

Arthit's pov

Here we are, back home after our vacation. It's undeniable that I enjoyed the time away, surrounded by all my trusted companions. Their presence was reassuring, providing a sense of security, and a stark contrast to the haunting memories of that dreadful incident from the past. The terror that sometimes still grips me when I think about it remains buried deep within, but I can't allow it to hinder my progress. There's much ahead of me, and today marks the beginning of a new chapter at Kong's company. I'm determined not to let Kong down.

"Are you ready? We should head out," Kong's voice interrupted my thoughts as he peeked inside our room. I glanced at myself in the mirror one last time and adjusted my tie.

"Yeah, let's go." I swung open the door and stood before him. Kong's gaze traveled up and down my attire, making me feel self-conscious.

"Do I... Do I look fine? Did I overdress?" I stammered nervously when he remained silent.

"No, no. You look perfect. I'm just... I'm just excited. Can we skip the office today? Let's take the day off," he suggested, embracing me. I was taken aback by his proposal, but I quickly regained my composure when I felt him nibbling on my ear. I pushed him away and gave him an incredulous look.

"What the hell are you doing? Do you want to get punched? Pervert... Idiot... always with these dirty thoughts."

"But baby, you look absolutely irresistible in these formal clothes," he tried to justify his actions shamelessly. My face turned beet red at his words.

"Shut up. I don't want to be late on my first day," I scolded him and left him behind after smacking his forehead.

"Ahh, what the... that hurts." Kong's voice echoed behind me, but I didn't turn around. I marched toward the front door and stepped outside.

"Just wait for your punishment at the office, Mr. Arthit," he shouted after me, but I laughed and responded before leaving.

"We'll see, Mr. Kongpob."

"Tul, we'll be back before dinner. Is Max still here? Never mind, don't answer; I know he is. Be careful with my house; I don't want to see it in shreds. Tell him to control himself. I could hear you two last night loud and clear," Kong teased Tul. I chuckled at his antics.

"Don't tease my boyfriend," Max chimed in. Kong had already stepped outside, but he continued to taunt Max.

"Don't break my bed. If you do, buy a new one before we come home."

"Hey, stop messing with them," I scolded Kong, but he just smirked.

"Should I mess with you?"

"KONGPOB!"

"Okay, okay, I'll stop. Let's go." We sat in his car and headed for the office building. When we arrived, I was feeling restless in my seat.

"Love, we're here," Kong informed me as he opened the car door for me. I hadn't even noticed when he had exited the vehicle.

"I'm nervous. What if they bully me? I'm new here. I don't want to be bullied. What am I going to do?" Panic threatened to overwhelm me on my first day back at the office after a long break.

"Hey, hey, don't let your thoughts spiral now. I'll be there with you. No one dares to bully my baby monster. You're my personal assistant, and we've set up an office next to mine. You'll be in my line of sight the whole time," Kong reassured me. I sighed with relief and got out of the car, holding Kong's hand.

"Promise?" I asked as we stood in front of the tall office building.

"Promise," he replied, pecking my hand that was still entwined with his. He gently pulled me forward, and I followed him, my hand slipping free from his grip as we approached the entrance of the building. He didn't realize that I had let go of his hand, and I was walking beside him when I processed something he had said earlier.