Family Meeting

Arthit's pov

The next day, after my statement, we hosted a family dinner at our house. It was attended by all our family members and my four friends. During the dinner, I had the opportunity to meet Kong's elder cousin, Max, who was the son of Kong's father's brother. Max had lost his father when he was just 15 years old, and Kong's family had taken him in. He had returned from a business trip abroad the previous day. But let's get back to the family dinner.

The purpose of this gathering was to share the details of my recent ordeal with our family members and close friends. I felt it was crucial for them to hear it from me before the trial. Initially, everyone was confused about why we were having this family dinner and why my friends were present at a family gathering.

After dinner, we all gathered in the living room. We had placed mattresses on the floor, where my friends, P Max, and Tul took their seats. The rest of the family settled on the couches. P May also joined us, even though she was already aware of the situation, but she was family, so we invited her too.

Kong and I held hands, sitting on a mattress in the midst of everyone. With hesitation, I explained the purpose of the meeting and proceeded to share what had happened to me.

Kong's father was the first to react strongly, saying, "You unforgivable boy, who told you to hide this from us? If you cannot take care of him, then tell me! I'll call off this engagement right now."

"Dad, I'm sorry. I know it's my fault. I wasn't capable enough to protect him. I'll take all the blame. You can punish me, but not at the cost of me losing Arthit."

"No, it's not his fault. I was the foolish one who ran away from my bodyguards. I should be the one to be blamed. Please don't call off this engagement. I don't want to leave him. I love him. I'm sorry; I won't do this again, I promise." Tears streamed down my face as I pleaded, fearing that his father would indeed call off the engagement.

"Baby, why didn't you tell us?" my mother asked, her voice trembling.

"I... I'm sorry. I was scared. I had no idea what was happening to me afterward." She sobbed and came over to hug me. We cried together in each other's arms.

"Are you okay now? Shall we go to your psychiatrist tomorrow morning? Do you want to go home? Let's go home now. I'll take care of you. My son, my innocent son. What happened to you... I'm sorry. Mama is so sorry, baby." She kissed my face repeatedly.

"No, Mom, I'm fine. I don't need a psychiatrist. I just need Kong and all of you. Please, I want to be with him."

"Oon," Knot said behind me. I guided my mom back to my father, who was looking at me with concern and love. I smiled at him and silently mouthed, "I'm fine." He nodded and embraced my mother to console her.

"Knot," I turned to face him. He rushed over to me and fired a barrage of questions in one breath.

"You bastard, how could you do this to me, to us? I was there, you moron! How could you keep this from us? It's all our fault; we should never have left you alone. Are you okay now? You won't shut us out this time, right? I swear, Oon, if you do this, I'll tie you up with us, and you'll have to spend your life wandering with us. I don't care what anyone says; I'll knock some sense into that thick skull of yours." I cried contently in his chest.

"I won't do this. I promise I won't do this. I'm sorry," I assured him. Then all four of my friends gave me a group hug. When our emotions had calmed somewhat, I patted Knot on the back.

"Knot, I can't breathe." My friends laughed and released me.

"I love you guys."

"We love you too," they chorused. I looked at Kong, who was smiling at me. He opened his arms, and I quickly hugged him, saying, "I love you more." He chuckled and replied, "I know. I love you too." We pulled apart and faced everyone.