Bad Morning

Arthit's pov

After that bizarre encounter with my supposed "future partner" and his father, I yearned for some rest. Our parents had also made us exchange phone numbers, something I had no intention of doing but was coerced into. Leaving the hotel, I headed straight to my room.

Fatigue weighed on me, so I decided to take a shower and catch some sleep afterward. Water cascaded over me, but my thoughts remained fixated on the elevator incident, and suddenly, Kong's face popped into my mind. Frustration welled within me – why was I thinking about him? Then I started envisioning the incident when I was panicking in the lift. My mind then replayed the incident where he'd comforted me by placing his hand on my shoulder, and the memory of his warmth lingered. I wondered why!! and another scene intruded – how he had prevented me from falling in the hotel room. I couldn't shake the image of him reaching out to steady me after I stumbled. 

"Oi what the hell is wrong with me? Why am I thinking about that irritating person."

I hurried through the shower and lay down on my comfortable and cozy bed, covering myself with a blanket. Exhaustion and the memory of the lift incident quickly pulled me into slumber.

At 7 in the morning, my phone's ringtone shattered my peaceful sleep. Groggily, I muttered curses at the caller's audacity to disturb me so early. The ringing stopped, but it soon resumed, jarring me awake. I reluctantly reached for my phone on the bedside table.

I was wondering who was calling then a name appeared on my phone screen.

" What the .... Why is he calling me." I rubbed my eyes and again looked at the caller ID, which confirmed that it was indeed him.

With a sigh, I answered, " Hello, who's this?"

"Of course, I knew who it was, but I didn't want to give him the satisfaction of knowing that."

Kong: "Your husband"

If looks could travel through phones, he would have received a nasty glare from me. If I can go to his place by phone, I'll do it and curse him as much as possible until I feel happy.

"Marry my foot, and I'll kick you to a desert with that foot so that you never come back."

Kong: "Hahaha, then I'll take you to that desert. How can I go on a honeymoon alone?"

" Ugh, this man, why is he so infuriating? what do you want? Why are you calling me this early?"

Kong: "Our parents prepare a date for us. I'll text you the details. Get ready at 10. I'll pick you up."

"I am not coming. Go with yourself."

Kong: "Okay, then I'll inform Aunt and Uncle that you canceled the date and that we had a fight."

"No, you'll not do it."

Kong: "I will if you don't come."

" Kongpob, I m gonna kill you."

Kong: "For that, you need to be ready at 10."

"Fine, I'll be." And he chuckled softly. And I was more irritated.

Then he told me to get ready before ending the call.

I dragged myself out of bed, begrudgingly getting ready. I settled on a sky-blue shirt paired with blue jeans, tucking in my shirt. I combed my hair back. It was already 9:50 a.m. I rushed through the remaining preparations and grabbed my phone and wallet before heading to the living room. I sank into the couch, idly fiddling with my phone. My father, already dressed for work, was ready to leave as well.

Then I heard a car horn outside. And after a few seconds, a figure appeared on the door.

Kongpob: "Good morning uncle."

My father corrected him, "Good morning, Kongpob. But you can call me 'Pa' from now on."

Kongpob: "Yes Uncle, sorry. Pa"

Then both laughed.

"I was wondering what the hell is happening. And I grit my teeth. Why my pa is being so lovey-dovey with this jerk? And look at this, why was he reciprocating so warmly?"

Ar's father: "So, are you ready for your first date?" He gestured toward me.

I felt a blush rise to my cheeks, feeling incredibly embarrassed in front of my father. I tried to lighten the atmosphere, "Pa, please, you're embarrassing me in front of outsiders."

Ar's father: " Arthit, it's not good to say that. Kongpob is now part of our family. You should respect him."

Kongpob: " It's fine unc.... Pa. I think we should get going. We don't want to be late."

And so, we bid farewell to my father and made our way to Kongpob's car. He held the car door open for me, but my annoyance flared, and I retorted, "I can open the door myself."

Kong: " I know, but I want to do it."

"Don't be so formal. You can be genuine with me. Just be yourself."

Kong: "I'm not being formal. This is me."

I decided not to engage further, getting into the car. Kongpob took the driver's seat, and we set off for the restaurant. Throughout the drive, I wanted to maintain silence, resting my head against the window and gazing outside. Unfortunately, I knew Kongpob wouldn't let that happen.

Kong: "What are you looking at?"

"Nothing. I just want some quiet time."

Kong: "Is something bothering you?

"Yeah"

Kong: "What is it?"

"You"

He prompted again "What".

I sighed, "Focus on driving, please."

Kong: "But when you look so adorable, how can I focus on driving?" He laughed a bit when I shot him an annoyed look.

I was incredibly irked, muttering to myself, "If you keep this up, I won't go with you."

Kong: "Okay, then you should smile a little. We've arrived."

My stare could have burned a hole through him. As he was about to exit the car, I impulsively opened my door and got out, giving him a pointed look. He smiled at me, and though I believed he understood why I did it, he didn't say anything.

I grumbled, "Why are you smiling?"

Kong: " Nothing, let's go in "

And so, we entered the restaurant. The ambiance was cozy and warm, with just the right amount of decorations to enhance its beauty. Our table had been reserved near a window, offering a lovely view of people passing by on the street. A waiter led us to our table. Once we were left alone, Kong headed first pulled a chair, and nodded. I was thinking about what he was doing. Then he said," Arthit, please have a seat."

I felt another rush of embarrassment, but I didn't say anything and sat down. Kongpob took the seat across from me.