When Past Haunted You Again

Kong's pov

Sitting on the couch in our living room, I was restless to return to Arthit. I didn't want to leave his side even for a moment. However, it was necessary to discuss his situation and status with P May. I needed to know how he was doing.

"How is he? Do we need to take him to the hospital? Is he... is he alright? Nothing serious happened, right?" I fired off these questions rapidly, my anxiety evident. P May attempted to soothe me by rubbing her thumbs over my hands as she held them.

"Take a deep breath, Kong. He's okay. We can treat him at home. As for what happened, while nothing extremely physical occurred, they did enough to severely affect his mental state. We have to proceed with caution."

"What do you mean they did enough? But you said nothing happened."

She let out a sigh and began to explain, "Kong, they subjected him to various forms of harassment. They groped his every part. They touched him in inappropriate ways, scratched him, frightened him, and... they invaded his... his..." She couldn't bring herself to utter the last word, but I understood what she meant. I withdrew my hands from hers and stood up.

"I'm going to my room. Arthit needs me." P May followed me into my room. There, I saw Arthit lying on the bed, still unconscious. Slowly, I made my way to his side, sitting on the edge of the bed. I took his hand in mine and pressed a light kiss against it. At that moment, I made a promise to myself—those responsible for his condition would face the consequences, no matter what.

"Kong, I'll give you a prescription for some medication. If he wakes up and starts panicking, administer it to him. It'll help him calm down. Call me if you need anything. I'll be leaving for now. Take care of him and yourself." She kissed Arthit's forehead before gently ruffling my hair. With that, she left, leaving me alone with Arthit.

I lay down on the bed beside him and enveloped him in my arms, holding him close like a protective cocoon. I placed a kiss on his forehead, gazing at his face until he mumbled something after a while. I immediately began speaking soothing words, aiming to comfort him.

Shhh, you're safe, love. Everything will be okay. I'm here for you. I'll always be by your side. You're safe in my arms. I'll protect you no matter what. You're home now."

His sigh melted into a mumble, and eventually, he slowly opened his eyes. His gaze locked onto mine, searching for something that would confirm if the horrors he'd experienced were real or not. I kept my expression neutral, not revealing any emotions. As the memories of what had happened seemed to rush back into his mind, his eyes widened. He pushed against my chest with surprising strength, his voice trembling as he yelled.

"Get off of me. Leave me alone. Leave me. Go away. Don't touch me. Don't touch me."

He continued to repeat those phrases, pushing me away until he managed to break free from my grasp. He retreated to the middle of the bed, clutching the blanket tightly and hugging his knees to his chest. I slowly moved to sit in front of him, struggling to find the right words that would provide even a sliver of comfort.

"Love, it's me—Kong. Look at me. Please, let me come closer, kitten. I won't hurt you. You know that. I would never harm you, love. Just let me hold you." He shook his head vehemently, tears streaming down his face as he continued to sob.

"He....he t.. touched me. I.....I was...all..al... alone. He touch....touched me." His words were punctuated by heart-wrenching sobs. It was like watching his spirit shatter before my eyes. Summoning my courage, I reached out and gently rubbed his right cheek.

"I'm so sorry, love. This is all my fault. I should never have let you go in the first place. I'm sorry... so sorry, love. You're still my adorable kitten. You're safe now. You're saved, thanks to Win and Earth. They took care of everything. They won't be able to hurt you again. I'll make sure of it. Just trust me and let me take care of you. Please." My fingers caressed his cheek softly, but he remained a sobbing mess, struggling to regain his composure.