Meeting with Past

Kongpob's pov

Okay, don't hate me. I knew I broke my promise to get him pink milk. But what could I do? He couldn't have anything other than what the hospital provided. It was for his own good.

(But you made him cry. He was so adorable, and you made him sad.)

Okay, okay, no need to remind me about that. I knew I shouldn't have promised him in the first place. But now I could fulfill my promise.

Because... we were finally home. Yayyyy. (Scratching the back of my neck, while chuckling embarrassedly.) I overdid it. But I couldn't help it. I was so happy. My baby was no longer in the hospital. And thanks to God, after a horrible two days in the hospital, we were finally here, in our home, cuddling in our bed. I loved the feeling of having him in my arms. He fit perfectly. Right then, he was taking a nap. He'd missed his bed during those two days. He looked so adorable, lips parted and cheeks flushed. His bangs covered his eyes, while his head rested on my shoulder. I gently cleared his bangs away from his eyes, and he'd let out a whimper. I felt bad for him; he was still experiencing cramps and sudden pains in his stomach and back.

I kissed his forehead and started rubbing his back slowly. The pain seemed to be subsiding, as the frowns on his face lessened the longer I rubbed his back. I'd help him in any way he wanted or not. I'd always be there for him.

Then, my own stomach rumbled, and so did his. It was lunchtime. I should prepare something to eat. He'd be a grumpy kitty when he wakes up from his slumber. I gently laid him on the bed, and he tried to find warmth. I quickly replaced myself with his huge teddy bear, and when I say huge, I mean really huge. He snuggled into the teddy bear, finding comfort. I headed to the kitchen to cook us some food.

After cooking, I decided to surprise him with his favorite drink. I debated for a moment whether I should go out or not. But I thought I'd be back soon. The restaurant was just across the road. I grabbed my phone and wallet and headed out of the house. It only took me about 20 minutes to get the drinks in my hand. I was about to leave the restaurant when someone bumped into me, and I nearly spilled the drinks.

"Holy sh*t, dude." Did that person just curse at me? No one got away with that. I didn't see his face because he was collecting his things from the floor. So, I retorted to get his attention.

"Yeah, holy sht, you dick." He looked up from my feet to my face. And... I just froze.

"Kong?"

"Uh, what the hell are you doing here... Jim?" But he just smiled at me and responded. All those memories from the past flashed in front of my eyes. I frowned at him; anger surged through me.

"It's so nice to see you again, Kong." He tried to touch my hand, but I forcefully shoved it away.

"Don't you dare touch me. Just stay the f*ck away from me."

"Kong!!!" He looked hurt. Good, he should be.

"I have nothing to do with you, Jim. Just... just move. I don't want to see your face."

"But... Kong. Can you... I mean, can we talk? Just for old time's sake. Please hear me out. You never let me explain things in the past either. Just listen. You can do whatever you want after that. But please listen to me." He pleaded for an opportunity to explain. Well, he could shove it up.

"No, I don't want to listen to anything from you. What do you want to tell me? How you left me? How you chose someone else over me? How you cheated on me? You really have some nerve to face me like this. But you know what? I don't care. Did you hear that? I DON'T CARE. So just move away. My boyfriend is waiting for me."

"Wait, .....Did you just say boyfriend?" I didn't know why, but first he looked shocked, then his face twisted into annoyance. But I pushed him aside and headed outside. He kept calling after me, but I ignored him.

I ran towards home. It had been more than half an hour since I left. Arthit must be awake by now. He must be worried or scared. Damn Jim, if not for him, I would've been with Arthit already. Memories from the past kept flooding my mind as I approached our house. My heart was racing as if there was no tomorrow. But I composed myself and opened the door. Yet, I didn't hear any voices. Maybe he wasn't awake yet. I placed the things I was holding on the kitchen counter and walked into our room to find Arthit. But he wasn't in bed.

"Baby, where are you?" I heard some noise coming from the bathroom. I walked up to the bathroom door and knocked on it. "Arthit, love, are you in there?"

No response. Then I heard some whimpering from inside. My concern grew instantly.

"Love, are you okay? Open the door, please. Let me in." I heard some shuffling before he finally opened the door. He looked pale, sweat running down his temple. He was using the door for support. He seemed like he was trying to say something, but I quickly pulled him into my arms.

"Ko...Kong, it hurts."

"Oh, love, it's alright. Let's get you back to bed and I'll apply some massage oil on your back. It should help ease the pain. Come on, I'll carry you." I lifted him up in a bridal carry and gently placed him on the bed. I positioned him on his stomach and grabbed the massage oil from a drawer. Applying it to his back, he sighed in relief after a while. Thank goodness P' May recommended this oil to us.

"Love, just rest here. I'll bring our breakfast into the room. We can eat here, okay?" He simply hummed in response. I pressed a kiss to his temple before shifting into work mode.

"Here, kitten, I've got a surprise for you." A quick smile spread across his face when he saw his favorite drink.

"You remembered."

"Of course I remembered. How could I forget anything related to you?" Placing the food tray on the bed, he wasted no time in hugging me and pressing a kiss to my cheek.

"I love you, you are the best Kong." I chuckled at his adorable antics. He was truly a treasure.

"I love you too, kitten. Alright, now try not to move around too much. Let's eat; I'm starving."

We dined on our bed and spent the entire day resting. Arthit dozed off for most of the day. However, I couldn't shake off the thoughts of my encounter with Jim. What was he doing here? As far as I knew, he had been abroad until last year. Why was he showing up now, just when I've finally found happiness and contentment in my life? Now that I have someone who cares deeply for me. No, I won't let anyone ruin this. I won't allow it, not when Arthit means so much to me.

"I love you, baby. I won't let anyone come between us, ever. I'll never abandon you or let anyone harm you or our love. I love you." I held him tightly, and he snuggled closer against my chest. Planting a kiss on his forehead, I tried to get some rest myself.