Giving a Statement

Arthit's pov

The embrace of a lover's arms in the gentle morning light was a sensation that washed over like a warm tide, a comforting balm for the soul. I woke to find himself cradled in those tender arms, my lover's smiling face and affectionate gaze the first sight that greeted my eyes. His soft lips met my own in a sweet morning kiss, prompting a contented moan and a tighter grip around him.

"Good morning, love," Kong greeted after the kiss. I leaned in for another kiss, only to have it deftly evaded. A furrow formed on my brow.

"No, let's freshen up first, and then we can have breakfast together. We need to get ready," my lover insisted. My annoyance was palpable.

"Someone is coming. Get ready quickly," the urgency in my lover's voice was clear. A peck on the lips followed, and I reluctantly released his hold, watching as he rose from the bed. With a groan, I flipped onto my stomach, signaling my displeasure. Laughter bubbled from my lover's throat as he exited the room.

"FINE!" My voice muffled in the pillow. My lover's laughter echoed in the corridor. I took a moment to gather my thoughts before finally getting up.

Stumbling towards the bathroom, I followed my usual morning routine and took a shower. As I glanced at my reflection in the mirror, the haunting reminders of bite marks and scratches on my skin were impossible to ignore. A shiver raced down my spine as I was overwhelmed by painful memories from my past, and tears welled up in my eyes. Clinging to the bathroom sink for support, my legs trembled, threatening to give way.

"Arthit, baby, are you done in there?" Kong's voice reached me from beyond the bathroom door. Unable to find my voice, I remained silent. When he received no response, Kong inquired again.

"Arthit, answer me." After a moment of silence, Kong decided to enter.

"Baby, why aren't you answering? I'm coming in," Kong announced as he turned the door knob. I hadn't locked it because this room was sacred; no one entered except for me and Kong. Kong found me on the verge of collapsing.

"Arthit, oh my God. Are you alright?" Kong's arm became my lifeline, helping me regain my footing.

"I... I'm fi... fine. I just had a flashback of my past." Kong wrapped a towel around me and carried me bridle-style out of the bathroom. We settled on a couch, and Kong held me tightly. Kong seemed as frightened as me.

"I'm sorry, love. I shouldn't have left you alone. I'm sorry," Kong apologized, although it was not his fault. We remained in each other's arms for a while.

"It's not your fault," I finally managed to say, regaining my composure.

"Do you want to see those bastards punished?" Kong's unexpected question caught me off guard. After considering it, I nodded. Those individuals shouldn't roam freely; they deserved punishment that would last a lifetime.

"I'm so proud of you. You're braver and stronger than anyone, love. I'll always be by your side, whatever you choose," Kong declared with pride and love.

"I love you," I whispered into Kong's chest.

"I love you too," Kong replied immediately.

"I'll help you get ready. The police are coming to take your statement," Kong informed me. I felt a pang of fear at the thought of recounting the events.

"It's okay. You'll be alright. I'm here for you. I'll always be here," Kong reassured, helping me to my feet. I nodded with a half-hearted commitment.

"Don't worry, love. I won't let anyone hurt you. We'll give our statements, and our lawyer will file a case against those responsible." I sighed and sought Kong's warmth. Kong complied, wrapping his arms around my waist.