Nightmare

3rd Person's pov

Both lovers remained tightly embraced in each other's arms. Arthit had been asleep for half an hour, but his slumber was restless. Kongpob attempted to gently settle him onto the bed, yet it seemed to be in vain. Even in his deep sleep, Arthit clung to Kongpob, unwilling to let go. After some effort, Kongpob managed to place him down on the bed and pressed a loving kiss to his forehead. They had been at the hospital for two hours, their own needs forgotten in their worry. Kongpob was less concerned about his own breakfast and more about ensuring his beloved was well-fed. He decided to buy something from the hospital cafeteria. With one final tender kiss, Kongpob turned towards the exit, intending to find their parents and ask them to watch over Arthit. Stepping outside the room, he spotted their parents and informed them of his plan to grab food for everyone, urging them to look after Arthit in the meantime.

"I'll be back in a while, just don't leave him alone. He's asleep, so just keep an eye on him."

Arthit's mother responded, "Don't worry, son. Just go ahead. We're here."

With a nod and a reassuring smile, Kongpob headed towards the cafeteria. The cafeteria was bustling with people at this hour, and getting breakfast took longer than he expected.

Meanwhile, in the hospital room, Arthit was in a deep slumber. His family members waited just outside, refraining from entering so that he could rest undisturbed. Little did they know the intensity of the dream Arthit was experiencing. The dream played out vividly in his mind.

In the Nightmare

Arthit wandered through the home he shared with Kongpob, and a young child of about two years old ran excitedly towards him, wrapping his arms around Arthit's legs. The child pleaded, "Mama, pick me up, pwease!"

Arthit's heart warmed, and he lifted the child into his arms, placing a gentle kiss on the child's forehead. "Baby, where's your dada? Why were you running around in the house? You could get hurt."

The little boy pouted and struggled to find the right word, "I... I a big boy now. I not hurt, mama. Dada said I'm swper..." He stumbled over the word, prompting Arthit to help him by suggesting the correct word.

"You mean 'superman'," Arthit supplied, and the boy cheered in agreement, "Yessss, mama, I swperman."

Arthit chuckled and showered his son's cheek with more kisses. "Yes, my superman. You're very strong. But where's your dada? Weren't you with him?"

The boy wiggled out of Arthit's arms and raced toward the doorway, where Kongpob stood, observing the adorable interaction between Arthit and their child.

"Daaadaaa!" the boy exclaimed, reaching out to Kongpob, who happily scooped him up into his arms, sharing a laugh with their son. Then, Kongpob's gaze turned to Arthit, who playfully glared at him. Kongpob's response was a sheepish smile.

"Where were you? Why our son is running alone? What if something happened to him?" Kongpob craddled his son in one arm and grabbed his husband's neck in other hand and kissed him on lips to stop his rambling. Arthit's eyes widened and he smacked his husband's head.

Arthit scolded in a mock-serious tone, "Kongpob, are you out of your mind? Seriously, in front of our innocent son?"

The boy chimed in, unperturbed, "But, mama, I not mind. I kiss you too!" He planted kisses on both of Arthit's cheeks, and Arthit's heart swelled with love. Arthit smiled, pressing a heartfelt kiss onto his son's forehead. The three of them shared a joyous laughter