Unsettled Night

Kongpob's pov

As I said earlier, I tried to get some sleep, but luck wasn't on my side. It's 3 in the morning, and I'm wide awake. I can't sleep when my kitten is sulking in the other room. Should I go and talk to him? Ugh, where is my mind? It's 3 in the morning, Kongpob. He must be fast asleep. He's not foolish like you to stay awake.

But there's no harm in just checking on him, right? I won't make a sound to disturb him. Yes, I should go and check. I'll make sure he's alright, then return to my room. So, I get up from my bed and open the door of my room. His room is just next to mine on the left side. I slowly open his door and peek my head inside.

And there he is, lying on the bed, the blanket covering his entire body, including his face. I approach his bed, sitting down on the floor beside his head, and try to gently pull the blanket away from his face. I'm cautious and careful; I don't want to wake him up. However, luck isn't on my side, and he's gripping the blanket tightly.

I sigh, sitting on the floor. After a while, I hear sniffling coming from under the blanket. I get concerned. I try once more to remove the blanket, and I catch sight of his face buried in his hands. He's silently crying. I immediately take his hands away from his face. His eyes are closed, and his eyelashes are glistening with tears. His face is red from all the crying, and tear stains are evident. Fresh tears are slowly pooling in the corners of his closed eyes, ready to fall onto the pillow beneath his head.

"Oh baby, I'm so sorry, kitten." I take him into my arms and gently place him on the floor, sitting on my lap. He tucks his face into my chest. I hold him close and start comforting him.

"Love, please stop crying. You'll make yourself sick. Look, I'm saying sorry. Don't you want to forgive your Kong?" His crying intensifies. He's weeping on my chest. I rub his back gently, trying to comfort him and soothe his sobs. After a while, he removes his hands from his face and hugs me tightly. His face is still buried in my chest. I can feel my shirt getting damp from his tears.

"Shhhh, it's okay. I'm here, kitten. I'll always be here for you, love. Just calm down." It takes almost half an hour to calm him down. I rock him in my arms until his sobs subside, and his breathing becomes even. I gently nudge him to get a glimpse of his face. There he is, sleeping with his mouth slightly open, his cheeks flushed from all the crying. His lips are a bit dry. Maybe I should get him a glass of water, but I don't want to disrupt his sleep. I carefully lift him from my lap and attempt to stand up. After some struggle, I manage to stand. I cradle him in my arms and head to our room. He clings tightly to my collar with his tiny fists. When I try to pry his hands away, he whines in his sleep. Without hesitation, I lay down beside him on the bed. I let out a sigh, taking him into my arms and tucking his face beneath my chin. He snuggles closer, tickling me a bit.

"Alright, it looks like this is how the night is going to go." I kiss the top of his head and eventually manage to get some sleep after all that has happened.

Arthit's pov

After our argument – or should I say more than an argument – I retreated to another room. I don't want to face Kong right now. I'm mad at him. That handsome jerk is treating me like a child. I don't need extra security to protect me. I'm perfectly capable of looking after myself. Did he forget that I'm a man too? Did he think I'm weak?

Just because I can give birth to a child doesn't make me any less capable. Women who give birth are stronger than anything in the world. In my case, I'm a man with this blessing. Does he think I need security because of that? Not that I have any issue with women – they're strong, stronger than many men. They can endure jerks like him. But I can't. So, Kongpob is really getting on my nerves. He's treating me like I can't handle my own safety or surroundings. Well, I can.

For God sake I am capable of handling my surrounding and my self if I am in any danger. What's he thinking of appointing bodyguard, no bodyguards.

I tried to calm my anger and locked myself in the room untill he called my name to eat the dinner. I thought he'll come after me in the room but he didn't.  And then on dinner table I was looking if he'll talk to me but again he didn't. We ate our dinner in silence. I ain't gonna talk to him first. He kept secrets of becoming new CEO and now bodyguards. He should apologize first.

After dinner, again I lock myself in the room.

I try to calm my anger and lock myself in the room. "He doesn't care about me. He doesn't love me. It's all an act." I mutter to myself. 

I lay down on the bed and pull the blanket over myself from head to toe. My face is hidden in my hands. I don't know when tears started filling my eyes. I just lay there, crying and falling asleep until I woke up again. I peek my head out from under the blanket and glance at the clock on the table – it's half past 2. He didn't come. He really doesn't care.

Tears flow again as I hide myself under the blanket. I'm not sure how long I cry. Eventually, I think I fall asleep again. I feel like I'm dreaming of Kongpob entering the room. I can't see his face; I just sense his presence as he sits beside me. I'm still covered by the blanket. In my dream, it feels like he's trying to uncover my face. I clutch the blanket tightly. After a struggle, he succeeds, and I imagine he sees me crying and sniffling beneath it. But I don't open my eyes. Why should I? It's just a dream, and I'm not going to give in this easily.

"Oh baby, I'm so sorry, kitten," he says, and then picks me up and places me on his lap. I start crying more, and he rubs my back to calm me. My hands are still over my face, and he says something that only makes me cry harder. Why does he enjoy making me cry, even in my dream? Ugh, I hate him.

"Love, please stop crying. You'll make yourself sick. Look, I'm saying sorry. Don't you want to forgive your Kong?" After hearing this, I'm full-on weeping. I remove my hands from my face and hug him tightly. I can do this. It's just a dream, right? I can do anything to him in my dream, even if I'm angry. He won't know. Right now, I need him, so I can hug him in my dream at least. Stupid Kong won't really be here.

"Shhhh, it's alright. I'm here, kitten. I'll always be here for you, love. Just calm down." He rocks me in his arms, and I start to calm down. I just sit there on his lap, held tightly in his embrace for comfort. I sense him picking me up and laying me on the bed. After that, I sleep peacefully without any dreams. But I'm disappointed he didn't come to clear things up. He just ignored me. He didn't talk to me or sleep in the same room. It's not my fault, right? He should have come to me. It's his fault. 

Just watch, Kong – you're so going to regret ignoring me. Get ready for some torture.