Rise of feelings

Kongpob

In the quiet stillness of the night, a gentle disturbance roused Kongpob from his slumber. It was the sensation of movement nearby, and as he turned his gaze, he saw Arthit, shivering and seeking solace by tucking his head into Kongpob's arm. It was evident that Arthit was trapped in the grip of a distressing dream. Reacting instinctively, Kongpob gave him a gentle nudge.

"Arthit, just relax. It's just a bad dream. I'm here with you. Don't be afraid."

Gradually, his mumbling and shivering subsided, and he drifted back to sleep. I stroked his forehead affectionately and placed a light kiss on it. By 7 in the morning, it was time for me to get up. Carefully, I shifted Arthit to his other side so as not to disturb him, and then I got out of bed. I prepared breakfast before entering the room again, just to check on Arthit. He was attempting to sit up as I entered, so I quickly moved forward to help him.

"How are you feeling now?" I asked with concern.

Arthit mumbled, "I'm fine."

"Are you hungry?" I inquired further.

He responded, "Not yet."

"It's exactly why you're always tired and exhausted after any physical activity. You really need to pay more attention to your diet."

Arthit retorted, "Who says I don't? It's just that I don't feel like eating right now."

"Even if you don't feel like it, you should still eat. I've prepared breakfast. Come on, get up and eat. And don't forget your medicine."

His eyes widened at the mention of medicine, and he protested, "No medicine. I'm not taking any."

My tone unintentionally turned harsh, "You better should. Now get up." I felt a pang of guilt as I realized how my words might affect him, given his condition. I should be making him feel comfortable, not scared.

"Damn how can I shout. Even after I know about his condition. I am such an idiot. I should make him comfortable and here I am making him scared."

"Arthit," I softened my voice, but he moved slightly away from me.

"Arthit, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have raised my voice like that. I'm sorry. Can you forgive me?" I tried to reach out and touch his hand, but he pulled away, wrapping himself in his blanket.

"Wow, stupid look what you have done. He is scared of you now." I chastised myself silently.

"Arthit, I promise I won't hurt you. I'm just worried about your health. Please understand."

After a moment, he cautiously extended his hand from under the blanket, allowing me to touch it. I gave his hand a gentle rub, trying to soothe his nerves.

"Can you get up? Take a shower, and I'll bring your breakfast to you."

He responded with a hesitant, "Hmm."

"Then I'll go first." And the turn towards the door. Suddenly Arthit grabbed my shirt and I turned to look at him.

"No, don't.... Don't go anywhere."

I smiled at his cuteness and nervous face. But then I realised he must not have overcome from the last night. That's why he was behaving like this.

"Arthit, don't worry. I'm staying right here," I assured him, sitting back beside him on the bed.

"But first let me call me pa. He must be worried. I take a leave from work today."

He just nodded. Then I called my pa and told him Arthit's condition. Pa was also concerned about him so he told me to be by his side.

"You're not leaving na?" Arthit asked tentatively.

I smiled warmly, "No, I'm here. Just get up and freshen up. I'll be waiting."

"Okay, but promise you won't leave until I'm out of the bathroom?"

"God now I can't handle his cuteness. This way I'll loose my control. He is tempting me with his actions and he does not even know. Oh god, what should I do?"

"Arthit don't be like this. I am in the house. Is it not enough?"

Then he just looked down while getting up from the bed and embarrassed with his own words.

"Ok ok I am here. Just go get your stuff done faster."

He looked at me but didn't say anything and went to the bathroom In the room. After he was finished with his morning routine, we ate breakfast on the dining table and all the time when I went to do something in the home Arthit kept clinging to me. Now I was worried about him by looking at his nervousness of being alone.

I could tell that he was still shaken from the previous night's ordeal. So, I decided to distract him.

"Arthit, how about we go to my friend's restaurant? I think you'll enjoy it."

He hesitated at first, but I could see the reluctance in his eyes about being left alone in the house again. Ultimately, he agreed to the idea.

Later that evening, we found ourselves at the restaurant, and as I had hoped, Arthit seemed to be having a good time. Initially shy around my friends, he gradually warmed up to them after some encouragement.

Watching him enjoy himself, I couldn't help but notice a change in his demeanor when Wad arrived. He asked Arthit about his condition. He said, "I am alright. And thank you for the last night."

Wad:" oh not a big deal. Anything for Kongpob and you are my colleague too."

All of sudden Arthit kept his mouth closed after talking to Wad. I didn't know what happened. I asked Wad, but he seemed just as clueless.

"I think Arthit is not familiar with my friends so he is being like this."

My friends sensed his unease and went out of their way to make him feel welcome and at ease. Gradually, his tension eased, and his smile returned, the evening turning into a much-needed reprieve for both of us.