t h i r t e e n

"WHOOOOOO!!!"

Mark and Renjun scream in happines as they speed around the park.

Yuyan sat on a nearby bench and
just watched the two boys having fun.

Justin and Zhengting decided to explore the park too, "Yuyan! Do you want to come with us?" Asked Zhengting.

Yuyan politely shakes her head no and smiles. "No thanks, I still have to watch these two."

They understood and started walking away.

Yuyan started dozing out and what she didn't know that someone was already behind her.

It wasn't a normal person though.

The small boy who jumped on the bench behind her, slowly opened her backpack and took out a pack of chips.

Once he sucessfully did it, he threw it down below him so that his other small friend can catch it.

He started getting one more pack but unfortunately, it hit the sides of the backpack which caused alot of noise.

He abruptly stopped, closed his eyes and bit his lips, anticipating on what was gonna happen to him next.

Yuyan snapped out of her thoughts once she heard a sound.

She looked around, nothing. She felt something on her backpack and turned around only to find two terrified boys.

"Please don't hurt us! We are sorry for stealing your chips! We'll give them back just please!" The guy who was near her begged.

Yuyan widened her eyes at the sight. "No no! Its fine! Take all you want!" She refused.

The two boys who were terrified, now stopped and looked at her in disbelief. "What...? Really?!"

Yuyan nodded and showed a smile.

"Oh my gosh thank you so much kind stranger!" The guy at the floor thanked her, with a sweet smile. The other one jumped down from the bench with the chip packet and walked to his partner.

"Wait! Why did you steal though?"

The small boy stopped and looked at her. He rubbed the behind of his neck and answered, "We didn't have food for us to survive on so we checked your bag and you had snacks so we decided to steal."

"We're sorry though!"

Yuyan felt suddenly sad hearing their explanation. It reminded her of Renjun's situation.

"Do you want me to treat you both a real meal? Like not junk food?" She asked and hoped for them to say yes. She couldn't bare letting them go without a proper meal.

The two small boys looked at eachother, not saying anything. Its like they were communicating through their eyes.

After a few moments, One of the guys looked at her and answered. "Yes sure!" He smiled happily.
Yuyan squealed on the inside once she saw his smile. It was bright and his eyes disappeared when he did so.

The girl reached out her hand and motioned them to climb on it. They happily did and sat down on it.

They handed in their chips to her and Yuyan placed them back in her bag. "Would you guys mind going in my bag too? I don't want you guys falling off."

They nodded and Yuyan placed then both in the bag, leaving it a little open for them to still breathe and see from inside.

She stopped when she suddenly remembered something. "Mark and Renjun!" Yuyan began looking for them.

Few shouts here and there, she finally saw them.

Mark and Renjun sitting under a tree with their vehicle parked next to them. Yuyan furrowed her eyebrows in confusion. "Guys? What are you both doing?" She approached them.

Mark and Renjun looked up hearing the voice call out for them. They widended their eyes and stood up immidiently when they saw Yuyan.

"Yuyan! I'm so glad you found us!" Renjun happily said. Mark then spoke after him, also answering what Yuyan was about to ask. "The car suddenly stopped and we checked, the battery was dead and we didn't know how to get back to you because we were lost so we decided to just stay."

"Oh.."

"Well, I found you guys didn't I? Come on! We'll grab food." Yuyan picked them up.

"Oh yeah, and we will have company too. I hope you both are okay with that."

[A/N : is it too early to add another character? :> who do you guys think they are? 🤔🤭]