Chapter #29

BackStory

        I was walking around the park minding my own business. My brother was watching me while sitting on a bench. As I was walking, I saw a girl sitting alone on a bench. She a wearing dark features, plus a black cap facing forward. I was going to walk away until I saw three boys approaching her. They started insulting her and ended up with beating her. I was furious. I summoned Shadow Hands and beat them up. they got scared and ran away like cowards. The girl was trying to get up. She got bruises and cuts. I immediately helped her. "Hey... You okay?", I asked in concern as I help her.

        "Y-Yeah... Fine...", she replied before coughing a little, "That was you?".

        "Erm... Yes. It's my power.", I admitted, "What's your name?".

        "Me? I-I'm... Y/n.", she stampered as she smiled a bit. Ya know... She's kinda cute. "And you are...?", she asked.

        "Fang. Pleased to meet you, Y/n.", I said then we shook hands.

        "Yeah... I gotta go now. See ya, Fang.", she said before walking away a bit. I can see her trying to hold herself. She suddenly fell and I helped her.

        "Um... Maybe it's best you can stay at my place.", I suggested, "Until you're healed.".

        "What? I-I can't...", she replied as she got up.

        "Don't worry. I'm sure my brother won't mind.", I claimed. She smiled and I walked her back to my brother. He seems concerned to Y/n and agreed with my suggestion. So yeah, we took her home.

*****

        So the rest of the days go by, me and Y/n become best friends. We hardly see each other because her mother... I mean... Her stepmother was very strict on her. And I often heard she sometimes punishes Y/n by getting her blood by syringes. That's a bit... Harsh. This is the present. Well... Night. I was looking out the window with boredom while sitting on the couch. "Pang, go to sleep. You have school tomorrow.", I heard my brother said, breaking my thoughts.

        "Oh... S-Sure Kaizo...", I replied as I got off the couch. I was about to take a step on the first stair when we both heard rapid knocking on the door. Of course Kaizo was the one who opened it considering I'm still a "kid" that he thinks. He opened the door and... It was Y/n panting very heavily. I saw she was carrying her backpack for some reason...

        "Y/n? Why are you here? Your parents must be looking for you.", Kaizo said as he noticed the girl's actions.

        "S-Sorry... But can I stay here for tonight? Please?", Y/n pleaded in a hurry. Wait... Why does it look like she's scared? Kaizo slightly nodded and let her in the closed the door.

        "What's wrong, Y/n?", I asked as I approached her, "Why do you wanna stay here?".

        "It's my "mother". I'm freaking tired of it!", she explained, "I'm pretty sure she's calm right now...". I was really surprised. Why would her stepmother be that cruel to her... My brother was concerned as well. But I saw him eyeing on something on her. And I saw it too. Y/n has bruises on her face, neck, arms and legs.

        "Those bruises... What happened!? What did she do to you!?", he asked in a serious tone. Since he's overprotective on me... I hardly believe he can be protective on someone else.

        "She... She punishes me for disobeying her, not doing the chores right... And also when I'm not doing anything.", explained Y/n, "So... Is it alright if I stay here? Just for tonight?".

        "Come on, bro! It's only for one night!", I said to Kaizo, agreeing on Y/n even though I dunno why...

        "Hm... Well, I'll let this slide.", he claimed, "But if anything like this happens again...".

        "Don't worry... Kaizo. I can actually take care of myself.", said Y/n then she turned to me, "Can I go to your room?". I nodded in excitement then led her to my room. I looked back and saw my brother smirking at me... I guess I know why. I shook it off as I opened the door. But after I did that... Y/n started squealing like a fangirl in my room. Well... My room is black with midnight purple. I can't believe she's so excited. She laid down her matress on the floor next to my bed.

        "Are you okay down there? Or do you wanna catch on my bed?", I offered as I sat on the bed.

        "No thanks. I'm comfortable.", she replied as she laid down, "Thank you so much... Friend.". That last word hit me... We're friends. I've never had close friends before. My thoughts broke when I heard her sleeping. I smiled before turning off the lights and drifted to sleep too.

6 Months Later...

        I almost felt like I fell because I'm... Leaving. Seriously leaving. Well... Kaizo spaceship arrived to pick us up. Which means I never get to see Y/n again. I was about to go on board when... "Fang!", I heard someone called. It's Y/n!

        "Y/n! W-Why are you here?", I asked as she approached me.

        "Fang... After you've been very helpful to me... I wanna give you something to remind you about me... For how long you will be gone.", she said before reaching into her pocket, "Since you said your powers are shadows...", she brought out a small balck square box, "This is the ring of the shadows. It'll make your powers stronger. You can use it for the great or good. In any case... For emergencies.". I slowly got the box and opened it. A gray-glowing sphere emerged in front of me and it changed to a small black sprite.

        "Hello Fang! My name is Raven. The sprite of the ring.", it introduced in a male voice. I took the ring and slid it on my finger.

        "Fang, promise you won't forget me.", Y/n said in a shy tone.

        "Of course I won't.", I confirmed. She smiled and hugged me. I just hugged back then we let go.

        "Pang! We gotta go!", I heard Kaizo called. I waved goodbye to Y/n and ran up the ship with Raven. I dunno why and how but... That girl became my best friend.