Chapter #39

The Plants Of The Thorn

        Me and the two stopped at the foot of a mountain. I looked up. Actually I'm fond of climbing mountains. "Are you sure about this, Y/n?", asked Sail as they both looked at me. I was about to respond when an explosion occured behind us. They used their shields to protect me from in-coming tree trunks, rocks, and even so... Stray pitcher plants with carnivorous teeth.

        "Sail! Shielda!", I heard familiar voices called. I looked up from the shields and saw the others coming up to us. The exception is that Leaf isn't with them.

        "Y/n! You're safe!", Fang exclaimed as he ran up to me, "We gotta abort this mission ASAP.". But I didn't budge.

        "We can't. Reason? Where's Leaf?", I asked. They looked at each other then shrugged.

        "We were trying to find him, but some pitcher plants tried to attack us. They look like they belong to him, but they're very dangerous.", Light explained as he mention the dead plants, "He was already gone.".

        "I remembered what he said earlier. He knew where DaunBot is. It was suppose to be here, but someone took it. We'll still have to look for it though.", I said and told them everything I knew.

        "Wait... You drew DaunBot even though you said it wasn't real?", asked Ying then I nodded.

        "There were secret pop-ups on the pages. DaunBot's location isn't just in the midst of the forest. It's in the midst, on the top of the mountain, Mt. Alam.", I explained then pointed to the mountain top.

        "So... We gotta get up there...?", asked Gopal as he walked backwards to get a better view of the top.

        "Heh. That's easy!", boasted Wind before turning into Cyclone and flew up with Yaya, leaving us in shock as to how he left us.

        "Okay... How are we gonna get up there?", asked Earth as he looked at them fly up with ease.

        "Hm... I could use my Spring Form to fly, but I'm not sure about you guys though.", I said as I looked up then looked at them.

        "I can help. Shadow Eagle!", Fang said as he summoned a large Shadow Eagle. It squawked like how a real eagle would do. The gang climb up to it and we all went upwards. Hopefully everything I knew it right.

*****

        When we reached the top, we saw Wind and Yaya looking at a cave. The entrance's arch is covers with thorny vines. "Uh... Why are you guys waiting?", asked Water as he jumped off the eagle and so did the others. I could hear faint growling inside the cave as well as eerie breathing.

        "It seems like the cave is also being sealed with these plants. Do you still wanna go in Y/n?", asked Shielda as she looked at me, but I didn't hear her. I heard something else. Likely... Singing. It was a vocalizing type of singing. The others didn't seem to hear it because it was so soft. "Y/n? Do you hear me?", I went back to reality when Shielda snapped her fingers to shut off my daze, "You looked like you've been hypnotized...".

        "I'm fine. Let's go in.", I replied then started walking to the cave then the others followed behind me. It was a bit bright in the cave because of the entrance. And of course... Fire lit up some flame on his hand to get more light. I have night vision so I'm okay. I looked around the cave and... I saw numerous symbols, mostly writings, on the cave walls.

        "What are those weird symbols?", asked Lightning as he summoned his sword to get a better look at the symbols. Where's Ochobot when you need him... Oh yeah, don't answer. He was left in the spaceship.

        "Lightning, they're not weird symbols... To a guardian at least.", I replied, "A long time ago, I heard the every Elementists have different ways of writings. And only them can understand how they write. These are the writings of the Nature Elementist.". We ended up to a somewhat big area. It was like a somewhat big space, big enough for a power fight.

        "Wow... This place is a lot bigger than it looked from the outside...", Wind said in amazed as he walked around. I looked at the floor and saw some symbols, which I would assume they're symbols that relate to nature. I heard a familiar sound again. The singing. I'm not the only one who heard it, so did the others.

        "Waaahh! A ghost is haunting this cave!!", Gopal screamed as he was running around. The others were alerted by the singing and they kept looking around while aiming their attacks. I get the same feeling because the sound was like surfacing us and we didn't know where it was actually coming from. I looked around and saw what seems to be a passage way. It was a bit dark in the room but I could barely see it. I walked away from them again and went to the passage. I ended up into another large room. This time, it was different. There were pitcher plants, venus flytraps, snapdragons and other carnivorous plants are in the room.

(A/N: For some who may or may not know what's being told, carnivorous plants are that derive some or most of their (but not ) from trapping and consuming or , typically and other . Carnivorous plants have adapted to grow in places where the is thin or poor in , especially , such as acidic . wrote , the first well-known on carnivorous plants, in 1875.)

        I'm guessing they're sleeping because they weren't moving. Big vines were hanging from the ceiling. It looked a bit disturbing and weird because all the monsterous plants that we've encountered have thorns. Stem, petals, leaves... You name it. "... I never thought someone like you would drop by and take a visit to this planet.", a familiar voice hissed, "I thought I warned you, but you seem to not understand... Do you?". I heard a vine moved. I turned around and saw a familiar but different looking boy with green and black... Is he... Who I think he is...?