| CHAPTER TWENTY |

| Chapter Twenty | My Family

• • • • • • • • •

  "I'M GOING TO RING NICOLE'S FATHER before he finds out from someone else." Vicki said as she walked inside after finally coming back to reality after Nicole was arrested.

"Good idea." Deena said. Vicki sat down on the floor next to the duck phone and quickly dialing Nicole's father's number.

"Hello?" He answered.

"Hi Andy, it's Victoria. How are you?" Vicki asked while picking at her nails.

"I'm well sweetheart, what's going on?" Andy said obviously confused as to why Vicki was calling him.

"I'm just ringing to inform you that Nicole has been arrested for public intoxication and I wanted you to hear it from me and not someone else." Vicki said.

"Shit! Alright. Victoria, can you go pick her up and call me back once you have her." Andy asked.

"Absolutely, I'll be leaving soon. I'll get her to call you once she's home." Vicki said.

"Thank you honey." Andy said before Vicki placed the phone down.

"Let me call Tom and apologize to him before we leave?" Jenni asked sitting down in front of Vicki who started playing with her hair.

"Go ahead." Vicki said, Jenni dialled Tom's number.

"Hi, I apologize for not calling." Jenni said leaning against her sister.

"Fucking Nicole got arrested." Jenni said starting to cry as she spoke to Tom. Vicki sighed while wiping away her tears.

Soon you could hear Tom's loud, aggressive voice yelling out of the phone, Vicki quickly grabbed the phone and slammed it down.

"Fucking asshole." Vicki said hugging her sister who was crying her eyes out.

"Just go and get Nicole. I'm done." Jenni said getting up and disappearing into the bathroom.

"Do you want to come with?" Vicki asked Pauly who was sitting on the couch.

"No, you go get her, you know how to comfort her the best." Pauly said kissing Vicki's forehead before she went and grabbed the keys and her wallet.

"What happened? We saw the cops down the boardwalk?" Vinny asked walking inside as Vicki was about to leave.

"Nicole got arrested, she could not stand up straight." Deena said.