Chapter one part one

Thick clouds blanketed the sky that morning, though they always did. I had walked down the same street for the past 13 years, the action had become mechanical.

First I would stop by the mess hall for breakfast, sitting next to all the same kids of my year.

I would then proceed to do the mornings work that was required of everyone my age to earn the days pay.

It was a routine driven so deeply into my brain, it became as common a knowledge as my own name.

"How was you're rest?" Blinking I shifted my gaze from my black boots to Miss Norton, the care Taker. I shrugged, not really feeling like talking.

I scraped my spoon against the bottom of the bowl, where oatmeal had once been, I had eaten rather quickly today, however there was a reason.

Pushing that thought aside from the forefront of my mind, I took up my bowl, I didn't want to give any of my plans away in the expression of my face, there were punishments that would come if I was to get discovered.

I placed my blue bowl in the wash bin, freezing when my eyes landed on a red plate, sitting shamelessly at the top of the stack, it stuck out like a soar thumb, however the thing that caught my attention was the fact that whoever had been given this dish had not tried to hide the fact they had been punished.

"Quite a shame isn't it?" I stiffened wheeling my head around to come face to face with Conrad Roberts, the son of Derrick Roberts, one of the powerful men on the council. Since when did he talk to me?

"Yeah," I stated simply, the hairs on the back of my neck rising, his very presence made my mind shift into overdrive. He was a year older then I, with slick brown hair that always fell perfectly into place.

He was one of the tallest boys in his year, and he never let anyone  forget it either. He got away with everything, It didn't surprise me though, his Father was one of the most powerful, and he couldn't have his son live on a bad reputation.

"He deserved it you know," his words caught me off guard, as I shifted away from my thoughts. I turned to meet his cool calculating eyes, they were almost the image of his fathers.

"Of course he did," I mumbled, the response almost second nature, we didn't speak of others wrong doings, we were taught it was nothing of our business, and it might put those Reckless thoughts into our own brains.

"You would never do anything like that now, would you?" He shifted his stance so he was leaning against the brick wall, his eyes trained on me. 

I glanced down, my eyes landing on the red plate that glared up at me, the only sign that somebody had made a mistake. "No," I stated, leaning off the wall and inching away, it felt as though I were being interrogated.

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

This book was started on October 7, 2018

Well I hope you guys enjoyed the very first part of chapter 1 like and comment