Chap 22 p 2

"Whatever happens, I will always love you," I whisper, feeling his rough breath against the back of my neck. We stand there for a moment,worried that if we let go of one another we would vanish.

"I've always loved you," Nathen breathes not looking up as I let my head fall against his chest, he was okay.

If only, if only I could stand here, and feel his heart beat, the warmth that spread over me, and the safety my heart brought forth when I was with him.

He  was everything to me, he completed me, everything I lacked, he brought  to the table. I wanted him more then ever, my soul longed for him, and it shattered at the realization that he would once again be taken away from me. Everyone seemed to be vanishing before I could even grasp onto them.

"Blair, she was Banished, do you really want to go there?" I lifted my head, Nathen disentangling himself from me as well. I stared into those Angeles gray eyes, tangling my hand with his.

"I have to."

———————-

Nathen within minutes constructed an elaborate plan, which consisted of us stealing a car, and writing it to the edge of town, from there we would hike into the mountains wheee the orphan house sat, where Blair was. She would then be reunited with Greg, who would take care of her and we would ride Greg's horse back and they're waiting would be Conrad who would help us to the machine.

Or so we hoped.

"We need to go to my fathers house," blinking, I jerked my head around to stare at him as he paced after me, the dim glow of the Street lamps off in the distance.

"Yeah I'm pretty sure we would get caught there," I hissed back, Nathen sliding his arm around my shoulder, The wait the comfort I didn't know I needed. I leaned. Into his touch, not knowing how much I had missed it while sitting alone in the cave.

" I have my ways you know how do you think I escaped all the other times before?" Giving up, I let him take the lead as we began the trek up his house, Nathan walking as though he had taken this trail 1 million times before. For all I knew he had.

" you sure are calm about the whole thing," I filed back, turning my head to stare over at him, his arm still rested around my shoulders, and that feeling on its own made me smile.

"I'm with you, and getting you out of here is the only thing that matters," his eyes were piercing as he stared at me, his face so deeply engraved into my mind, I had grown so accustomed to it.

Hopelessly looking ahead, I noted in return, getting away didn't matter to me if he wouldn't be by my side. I lifted my right hand, tangling my fingers with the hand that rested over my shoulder. "Let's go then," I breathed, chewing down my lower lip in an attempt to hold back the tears.

We managed to make it to his House unscathed, it sat buried  behind a makeshift wall of trees and bushes. My eyes tore over the sloping hills and midnight sky that domed around us.

Darkness made the effort almost impossible, as Nathen scattered around the bush, dragging me with him. I almost face planted to my death several times, but lucky me and Nathen had reflexes of the cats.

"I didn't know your house was buried in such a forest," I humorlessly joked, brushing off my knees for the millionth time. Nathen chuckled in return, the whole emotion almost sarcastic Through it all we had to keep our wit somehow, because if we didn't we might as well be insane.

"It's just around here," Nathen jerked a finger, lifting me up with him," I limped along side him, my feet are growing ever so tired. Lack of water and food sent my stomach into a panic, as it began to cry out, quite loudly.

The house towered above us, dark and monsterus, linear windows lining every side. One light remained on in the left corner, The curtains drawn so one couldn't pier in.

"That's the library," Nathen practically read my thoughts, his fingers tangling with mine as we were wrong about the yard. I remained in passive as we Journeyed, my heart thumping at any trace of sound, as my eyes scouted behind every bush, and uneven patch of ground.

Nathen attempted to suth me, his thumb mindlessly tracing circles against  The side of my hand. 

"Alright, now it's showtime," he mouthed into my ear, just as a fence came into view, for this was One of the most heavily guarded homes in the community.

"Let the games begin."

💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛

Ahhhhh guys it has been so long, and this chapter has been sitting so long waiting to be edited but a lovely Rita reminded me that you guys are so patient and waiting so here you are :-) enjoy also it's not fully edited but I did my best with the time I was given