Chapter 4 part 3

Boarding the train with my mother the next morning was something I hadn't done in a long time. We sat in silence, lost in our own thoughts as we talked, my mother busy with thoughts of my father.

I leaned back, watching the landscape roll by, as my mind wandered into nothingness land.

Conrad, I had never thought of him this way, but what if he was spying on me, what if that was what he had been doing the whole time. Was the council against me? I knew I would never hear the end of my crime from my father, he would tear me apart to no end.

He had always done that, what was new?

"What are you thinking about?" My mother eyes me with her steel gaze, burning a hole through the side of my head. I refused to look back at her, instead fixing my eyes on the sun breaking over the mountains.

"what are you thinking about?" I blinked, my mother often asked me this question, trying to get a sight into my mind. a place I would never let her take a trip into. I wracked my brain for a response, attempting to dauge her question. turning to face her completely, I masked my expression, as I lied for the milionth time to my mother.

"How much I miss father," I met her eyes, which were filled with concern and remorse. She wanted to say something, but chose to keep her mouth shut, as she watched the people around us.

"Stop four the Midcity train station." We got up, my mom taking her day bag. I didn't make an effort for small talk as we started our trek to the Council building. Frankly I really didn't care. I didn't feel welcome in my home after what had happened over the past few weeks.

It was nothing to me, what I had done, but to my parents it was everything.

"Stand up straight," my mother shot at me, Pursing her lips. I folded my arms, forcing my shoulders up as we crossed the street, my eyes latching onto the large brick building as it stood like a king on his thrown.

" it is such a beautiful building," my mother declared, pressing me forward, we entered, the brightness taking over my senses.

My mother would join my father for the day, and I would be left alone as I always was, to wait in the waiting room. I hated being watched by the guards who stood at the door, their eyes trained on us as though we were going to attack at any moment.

" bathroom," i stayed at simply, parting my mother goodbye as I strolled in the direction of the girls bathroom. One of the watchmen eyed me suspiciously clicking his tongue in disapproval as I disappeared behind the door.

Finally a breath of, well not fresh air, if you know what I mean, but alas I was away from my petty mother and that was a blessings in itself.

I looked in the mirror, fixing my hair and splashing my face with water.

I peeked my head out of the bathroom door, validating the fact that my mom was no longer there. My eyes drew in The realization that the hall  was indeed Vacant making for a perfect escape.

Emerging into the hallway, I peered around the line of doors, freezing when I felt someone's eyes on me. I wheeled around, my jaw nearly falling to the floor, when my eyes connected with a pair of gray ones.

💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕

Ahhhhh happy cyber Monday.

Sorry for the short chapter, but it is an early update, so yeah.

Memory test, who is the person with gray eyes 💕

What do you think is going to happen?

Vote and comment

Love you all