Chapter 4 P 4

"You sure have a knack for sneaking around, you do know the guard is staring right at you." I was left with nothing to say, as my eyes remained glued to his.

He stood, as though he could go freely around the council building, and the guards seamed to not pay any attention to him. Only the elite could get around here without the guards on their tails.

He jerked his gaze away from me, leaning a toned arm against the wall. He sported a gray T shirt and black jeans, something rather casual to be wearing in the council building.

"I, well, I was just going to sit in the waiting room," I mumbled, knowing that I wasn't convincing in the slightest, I was headed in the opposite direction of the waiting room.

My eyes tore over the massive hallway, lined with marble floors and high ceilings, trimmed with expensive chandeliers.

"I find that hard to believe," his eyes held no emotion, as did the rest of his face. He was a mystery, far more hard to figure out then anything I had ever known before.

"Who are you, really?" I questioned, knowing that so wouldn't get a straight answer from him. He didn't even bat an eyelash as he studied me, his gray eyes so deep, I could get lost in them forever. His sharp features were enough to cause me to have a trip to the hospital because of a heart attack.

His lips parted in response, and I couldn't help but draw my eyes to them, his thick velvety voice braking the silence. "Nathen, why must you ask so many questions?"

I blinked, knitting my fingers together, dodging the question was is only defense. I focused my eyes on something else, a statue that stood proud in the center of the main hall, it was of a flock of doves, taking off to the heavens, however one stayed behind.

I was that one dove, who did not want to follow the crowd, there was so much more to this life, then being the same as everyone else.

"I guess I'm just a person who wonders things," I whispered, my Voice coming out more hostile than I had intended. I could feel him looming over me, has mysterious demeanor drawing me in. I was forever captive to his hold.

"I have something to tell you," he asserted, drawing himself inch by inch closer to me. I didn't have the will to bring myself away, as his hands caged me against the wall.

His steady breaths mixed with mine, creating a rhythm, my heartbeat taking an all time high. Every inch of my skin was alert, anticipating his next move.

"Well what is it then," I could barely form a coherent thought, as all my attention was on his close proximity. I forced my eyes to remain on his face, his trained on mine.

"Don't fall into Conrad's trap, he wants answers, and he can do more then you think." With that statement, he left me to myself, my mind spiraling out of control.

How could he have more of an affect on me then anyone else. Maybe he had a spell on me, I decided that was it, as I set off to spy on him, or try to, he wasn't the only one that could play this game of Seacrets.

💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕

Everyone, we are almost to 300 reeds.

Thank you to everybody who has supported me so far.

What do you think Nathan is hiding?

Why do you think he can get around at the counsel building without getting in trouble?