Chaptet 4 p1

"Let's go this way," Blair whispered, pushing open a door, I followed behind her, my eyes heavy with sleep.

"What was so important you had to talk to me?" I questioned, stopping  when I heard footsteps. "Get back," I yanked Blair next to me, as a shadow passed the doorway, oblivious that we were behind it.

"My father," She sputtered out, "the government said that he can't have me anymore." I blinked, taken aback what was she talking about, who had made this decision?

"And since when do they have the power to do that?" I asked, my anger spiraling out of control.  My mind was completely on her, as I watched her form her response in her mind.

She opened her mouth, and shut it again, jamming her hands into the pockets of her dress. Dark circles lingered under her now lifeless eyes, the color drained out of her face.

"They can do anything they want you know," she muttered out, casting her gaze onto the floor, that was where she seamed to look a lot, not daring to meet anyone's eyes.

"I guess," I stated, knowing if I denied her statement, I would be in for a serious questioning later on. We were never supposed to challenge The power of the government, that was something drummed into our heads as infants.

"He was, he was all I had," her voice shattered, as I took my best friend into my arms, her tears flooding my thin nightdress.
I had to stay strong for her, even though fear clouded my mind, I couldn't appear broken, I was her glimpse of hope, something very nonexistent here where we lived.

"He will always be with you, even if you can't see him, he is there," I spoke in hushed tones, my eyes melting into hers.

She broke the stare, playing with her fingers as she brokenly formed a response. "They've been threatening it for weeks, my mother and me. Because you know," she didn't finish her sentence, but I already knew what she was talking about. 

"Things will work out, I promise."

——————-

"Is that all you are bringing?" I glanced up to meet Shyas eyes, her brother was standing next to her, I did not have any siblings, I guess my parents "didn't really want many kids.

"Yeah, I have a few things at home," I stated, zipping up my duffle and tossing it over my shoulder. Shya glanced down at my boots, folding her arms.

"You're boots are not tied she stated, blowing stray hairs away from her face. Her chestnut brown hair was weaved into a braid, however Stranz had threatened to break loose of the once Tidy Braid.

"Yeah I know, I will fix than later I guess," I checked my outfit out in the full length mirror that hung on the door, words etched across the top of it, our country's national anthem

Life is a gift
Given to man
Freedom will rain throughout the land
If we obey the government command

My dress was a mustard yellow, with trimmed white lace, it was one of my favorites.

Shya had on a purple patterned dress, with a white base

Shya had on a purple patterned dress, with a white base. She wore it often, it had been a gift when she had passed through her robbertsen tests, they were created by Conrad's grandfather to test the intelligence of each person. Depending on you're score would choose which path a person would take.

Our year had taken the final test last month, and Shya and I had gotten the highest score, we hadn't seen anything change much since then, but when I turned 16, then things would be much different.

My mother had told me about her 16th birthday, and I was not looking forward to that day.

Not at all.

I didn't say much to Blair and Shya as we walked to the train station to take the board train back to the Suburbs,Blair got onto her train, the one that was headed to the third class.

"See you next week," I stated, giving her one last hung as my eyes fell on the faces that gazed out the window at me. Blair joined them, taking a seat next to a red headed boy, she would not be heading home back to her parents, my stomach turned at what might happen to her.

"She looks scared," Shya remarked, as Delia and Meghan joined us. I nodded, waving to the pair of girls. Dilia was prattling on to Megan about how Jarod Wellington had asked her to the winter dance.

I had heard nothing except for gossip about that dance all week. It was the only dance where people could pair off, showing interest in each other. I hadn't been asked yet, and few had, it was quite a taboo experience, people had dreamed of it for years, but now that it came around, everyone was very nervous.

"Have you been asked Drew?" Megan turned her gaze on me, fixing her already perfect hair. I glanced away for a split second, to meet Allisons  eye she smiled at me before climbing into one of the elite Carrs. I sneered in response, shaking my head at the girls.

"No, dances aren't really my thing," I admitted, it was true, I didn't really enjoy the girl gossip and constant flirting, yeah I like my share of attention, but not in a sweaty cramped room full of people.

" oh come on, it will be fine," Megan gushed, "and besides, you have to go, if you get asked." She ran a hand threw her hair, glancing at Delia.

" I haven't been asked either.," shya looked rather guilty as she glanced at the floor. I gave her a reassuring smile, social interactions weren't really her thing, she enjoyed them once in a while but she rather be reading books in the library. She did however love sports and had a joy for room jumping.

She was a very complicated girl indeed, and when somebody knew her she would open up to them.

" it's because everybody is to nervous to ask you, I mean you are like one in a million," I grinned, loving the sunshine that lit in her eyes at my genuine compliment.

Our Conversation was cut short by our train bell that sounded through the air, smoke arrupting aroynd us. We all barreled onto the train, excitement filling our stomachs at finally seeing our parents again.

However, mine vanished in a blink when I remembered my last encounter with my father.

✅✅✅✅✅✅✅✅✅✅✅✅✅

A/N
I reached 200 on this book and I couldn't have done it without you guys thank you so much

This chapter was a longer one but I hope you enjoyed it.

I will be updating soon, boat and comment

Do you think her father will do when he sees her?

Where do you think they are going to take Blair?

Why do you think everybody is so nervous about the dance?

What do you think the test will really determine?