Chap 21 p 3

I wheeled my head around, and my breath caught in my throat when I came face to face with Greg, who hovered a few feet away from me

"H how did you find me here?" I blinked a few times, mindlessly scooting away. Greg's jaw was clenched, and he looked like he wanted to say something but couldn't find the words.

"Drew, I know your plan, and I know you remember. The government knows too, but there is something else I Well, I um."

"Greg, since when were you so close with the government and when did you get all buddy buddy with Conrad and stay at his house."

"I think they are down here, did you find Nathen? I'm looking for the girl." We both froze, our words limp in the air, as the footsteps grew impossibly closer, before I could do anything, Greg yanked my arm, and jerked me down a tunnel, water gathering at my feet.

"You l led them to me, you are a," Greg slapped a hand on my mouth, the water deepening as we darted around the corner, the voices fading into the background.

"If you want to get out of here alive I advise you shut up," Greg breathed into my ear, his grip on me never loosening as we emerged out of a Gravis. Greg popping his head up to see if there were people above.

I heard him curse under his breath, "they are up there, and they will soon find us if we stay here, we must escape from this hole without them seeing us. Then I will explain everything on the way."

"Ok, I guess." I peered up, a rock blocking their view of us. as I spotted Mason in the distance a gun gripped in between his fingers.

"Their backs are turned to us," I hissed under my breath, pulling myself up and rulling onto my side so he could surface up off the ground once again.

"I have a horse close by, I know the way to the house of the banished, it is a half day ride from here." I lay there, the jagged ground digging into my palms.

"What about Nathen, he will freak out when he realizes I'm gone." Greg pulled us up, darting with me down the cliff, the opposite direction from everyone else.

"We will come into contact with him on the way, I know where the law enforcement is searching." I nodded, my stomach twisting as we deterred further and further away from the cave.

Concentrate on breathing, I told myself, my eyes scouting anxiously around for any sign of being followed.

"My horse is close by here, come with me," Greg Hissed under his breath, leading us into a deep ditch where a black tall horse stood, he helped me up, leaping on after as we began to ride down a steephill, and off toward the way I had came, the soldiers long on our tread.

I clung to him, my eyes tearing for anyone, I wanted to find Nathen, to be able to leave this place in our pasts, and start over, and be able to not hide our feelings behind everyone's backs.

"You knew about Nathen and I before," I mumbled, leaning my head against his back, my neck soar from the days events. A bumpy feeling of the horse and Greg's warmth was almost comforting, he was like a brother, someone that had always watched over me.

"We all had seen you two before, and then you know, after Nathen banished Claries," I jerked my head up, my breath hitching.

"W what are you talking about?" Greg seamed unsteady as the horse was now carabanting across the Prairie. "S slow down we are gonna get hurt," my voice rose.

"Shush, do you want us killed, and forget the stuff I said about her, it's nothing, really." We we're now coming upon some old log houses, I hadn't learned much about them, but they used to be where people would stay when it snowed, and the roads were bad, the third class would stay there and shovel them before they got Electric vehicles to do that. Now it hadn't snowed in quite some time, since I was young.

"Sorry," I mumbled, "and I need to know, who is she," I breathed into his back, lacing my fingers together around his middle, he felt pretty stiff against my head, his shoulders almost up to his ears, how come he knew so much about me anyway?

"Drew, if you want to know ask him, in my opinion he shouldn't have kept that from you since you know what happened when you lost your memories of him. But then I guess you got them back." I again jerked my head up, this couldn't be possible that everyone knew about this.

"How come you know so much," my voice fell as I heard gunshots in the distance, the clouds blanketing the sky, and sun begening to set. Greg suddenly pulled the rains, the horse abruptly stopping. "You suck at this." I admitted, my voice blending in with the commotion around us as we came into a clearing.

There backs were turned to us, but Nathen was nowhere to be found, then how come they had shot off those guns? "There is your dad," Greg mumbled, jerking his head toward a tall man off to the side, his eyes glued on us.

Before I could even think, Greg darted the horse behind the trees, and we began riding off toward the city. Did he really want to kill us?

"What if I tell you I just spotted my dear Daughter?" I heard my fathers voice, those words the last thing that echoed throughout my ears as we rode off, alarm clenching in the pit of my stomach. Would my father really sell me out for this country? His own daughter?

"He really does hate me," I croaked not loud enough for Greg to hear. Because I didn't need any reassurance of the fact, I already knew it was true. With an aching heart and body, I placed my fourhead back against Greg's shoulder blade, blinking a tear away as we waited for what our fate would be, the pounding of the horses growing louder behind us.