Chapter 20 p 1

"How could he do that?" I whimpered when we had gotten out of the presidents grounds, it wasn't that hard to escape when Nathen did spend his whole life here, he had stolen a horse, distorted the trackers and off we went.
"He was there the day you lost your memory, he hated how I talked of leaving, he wanted to end me then and there, but he never got the choice, so they started bribing and brainwashing Greg to spy on you, and when they found out that he began to like Blair, they sent her away, she was a distraction. She passed away a few weeks ago, from an animal bite."

Everything, everything was my fault, it wasn't because of her family, thought people had lead everyone to believe that it was, it was all my fault. I leaned my head against Nathens back as we road, the steady movement of the horse and the warmth from the one I loved enough to numb my aching heart.

I had no idea what would come of the two of us, two nobody's who were riding into nothingness, two no names, who once had identified that they no longer wanted to live by, two people who had found paradise in each other, we completed one another, two puzzle pieces that somehow fit together.

"It's not your fault, so don't even think that," it was as though Nathen could read my mind, the rain had slowed, now the fog was replaced with thick darkness, night had now set, the stars dotting the sky like little fireflys

Fireflys

"It is, your hurt because of me, your leaving because of me, why don't you just go on the machine, I don't deserve it." Nathen stopped the horse when we came around a bend down to the river so that Pebbles, his fathers horse could drink.

"We will stop here for the night," he declared, helping me down. I said nothing, staring at the Foreign plot of land I had never seen before.

Jagged shaped rocks engulfed the steam, sending swirls of water in every which direction. Heavy mud sloshed around us from the unforgiving rain, that left the sky in a deep black haze, clouds covering the once twinkling stars.

"It's so peaceful," I whispered, joining Nathen at the waters edge, he nodded, mindlessly rubbing his fingers over the horses Maine as it drank.

"How come I only forgot you and nobody else?" Nathen jerked his head up at my question, it was so dark I couldn't  see his expression, he brushed a hand through his hair, my eyes trailed down to the blood stain on his pants, he must be in pain, and I was so worried about me. "Your hurt," I pressed, pulling him to the ground next to me.

He sat in front of me, his head resting in his palms, he must be exhausted after everything that had happened today. I had never seen him so tired.  "I wish we could just be free," I heard him mumble under his breath.

I nodded, not thinking that he wouldn't see it, that permanent knot sat in my stomach, a reminder that this bubble the two of Us existed in what someday pop ."I'm sorry that I caused this for you," I leaned my head against his back, my arms tangling over his shoulders, and he locked his own with mine, the uneasy night spinning around us, like a silent melody.

"You know that the first time I saw you, I could tell you didn't belong here, with those crazy pigtails, it was the light in your eyes, don't ever let that spark burn out."

"Don't talk like that, we will both make it out of here," I shot back, forcing Nathen to look at me, he smiled, brushing the loose hair out of my face, "I'll always be with you," he whispered, his soft feathery touch rubbing down my cheek, before my silent tears became the new form of rain, as I leaned against him, his steady heartbeat The reassurance I needed, that maybe this nightmare wouldn't last forever.

"I love you," I whispered into the night, to quiet for him to hear.

💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕

I know this chapter was a sad one, and I thought this song fit it perfectly, I hope you enjoyed this chapter.

What do you think will happen?