Ch 18 p 4

He was deciding to go alone, had Nathen used me for his own gain, had he wanted me to build the machine so he could go alone. Did this mean nothing to him.

I darted my gaze toward him, he sat with his mouth agape, shocked at what Conrad had said. The rest of the table said nothing.

Nathen slammed his fist into the wooden table, a loud thud ringing through the room. "Enough, don't put words into my mouth, I never said I wanted to go, I would never," Nathens father rose to his feet as well, fuming, it looked as though fire might burn out of his ears.

"Sit down at once son, we will discuss this later, and Conrad, do not bring up matters unless they have been solved."

Conrad stiffened, pushing his dinner aside when the staff worker entered the room, hastily grabbing up the dishes.

"What do you mean leave, I I, What about me, what will become of me?" I said these words before I could stop myself, gazing across the table at Nathen.

Had he really been thinking of leaving me?

The room fell silent, even the pictures on the wall waiting for what was to come. A large arrangement of red roses sat on a shelf. They reminded me of the ones that Conrad had given me. I wanted to tear them up now, I hated that flower after what it meant to me now.

"I would never leave you," Nathens slate gray eyes pleated with me to believe him, I didn't know what to do, what to think, I was worried he wouldn't be with me one day, that he would vanish or I would forget.

"Son, enough," his father commanded back after those simple words. Conrad's dad looked rather amused sitting next to his son, as Nathen and The former went at it like cat and dog.

"May I have a word with Drew in the garden," Nathen questioned, not daring to meet my gaze. His father snickered, turning to look at me before he spat the words that crushed any sign of hope that had been in my heart minutes ago.

"If you dare even speak to Nathen, I will make sure that you are far more then banished from this community."

I froze, far more then banished, what did that mean? Conrad didn't move a muscle, His eyes glued to Nathen after the President uttered those words.

"You know the law didn't matter to her then, why would it matter to her now, death would be a friendly gift after what you have put her through."

Flames sprung out of the presidents eyes when he heard his son speak, he rose to his feet his chair scraping behind him. Nathen didn't seam phased as he came to his full height as well.

"How dare you use that word loosely after what Conrad and you did." Blinking I turned to Conrad, what was he talking about. "Death will be nice after what I put you through, I raised you better then this."

Unbreathable silence fell through the room, suffercating everyone who dared to go against its unrelenting grasp.

My fingers were shaking, every cell in my brain screaming, begging for answers, everything was falling apart to fast, and All I could do was fall deeper.

"You know the truth," I could hear the shattered hope in Nathens voice, as he pleated with his father, "you know what really happened, and everything with Shya Alice and Blair, why don't you just tell her, if she is so important then why don't you just tell her the truth."

Shya Alice, Blair, What was he talking about, I blinked, the room spinning, my head was hammering, water, I needed water. My stomach was going to open up and swallow me whole.

"Are you okay, darling look at me, it's going to be okay," at first I thought that was Nathen, but when I turned, Conrad was gazing back at me.

"I'm fine, I just need to lie down."

"I'll help her," Nathen started, but his father jumped in, shooting flames at his son.

"You don't take another mans betrothed, from this point forward she is Conrad's, and you are going on your little machine far far away from here, that is final, weather you like it or not."

Nathen glanced over at me, his eyes empty and hopeless. I stared back, my heart shattering in a million pieces just by his face, and the thought that this was where it ends.

"Can I say goodbye?" I questioned.

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

OK, I hope you enjoyed this chapter it is sad especially the ending but I guess we will see what happens next

I hope you are all staying safe with the virus that is going around