Chapter 10 p 4

Word had spread like wildfire that morning about mine and Conrad's kiss, it had only been a moment, but everyone made the kiss seam as though it had been more then a peck.

I dressed myself in a lace blue dress, pinning my hair up in an elegant bun. I tucked the book within my dress, a strange feeling coming over me as I took the road to the mess hall alone that morning.

That glow that had been over the city lately was now tucked behind the clouds, leaving a drab gray tint over the Community. Two twin 14 year old third class girls hurried past me, whipping their heads around to steal a glance at me, they whispered when both thought I couldn't hear them, however I knew the topic was about me.

"Locking lips with Shyas man now aren't you, you know he asked her to the dance." Nancy wasn't really talking to me as this statement poured out of her mouth, she was more talking at me.

"For your information, he claimed her as his," I wheeled my head around to see Allice come up to me, nothing in her expression showed poison, it was complete neutrality. I stopped my jaw from falling to the floor as she linked her arm with mine, " now I do believe we are expected at a certain table."

Nancy appeared as though she might explode, LucyAnna ans Emma at her sides. I walked, realizing that this day had just grown much more strange. Tara and Jenine, who's father owned the big construction company joined Allice, as we made our way to the elete table, the three had been best friends forever, however the girls had been away on vacation with their father, and Conrad's other best friend Zack, who had a fancy for the two sisters.

I feared that when it came time for him to choose who he had in mind, it would split the close sisters apart, but for now, it was breakfast time.

I expected to see Nathen, sitting weather with the Elete, or alone at the table with his red plate. He had stopped doing that act recently, to which I had no idea, I assumed it was because his father had wanted him to grow up, after all, one day he would become President, and his father didn't want him attempting to break all the rules.

That thought sent my mind into the events of yesterday when we had been inches away from each other, as he spoke of escaping this life, I had never really thought of leaving, but I wondered if there really was such a place as paradise, had he gone there without me?

Was he there now?

What was paradise like, was it warm, with no laws, could one merry whom they pleased? Paradise was a place where families were not torn apart, and a person didn't have to live life in fear.

Maybe there was no such thing as paradise, and a person found paradise in the everyday.

"I would love to hear about the kiss, what is it like to kiss him?" I blinked, the three girls faces appearing across the table from me, Allison sat on the end, the two sisters next to her, they all wore perfect smiles, their teeth white as snow, and their bright locks of hair arranged perfectly around their faces. It was almost as though they were not real.

"Well, he has this special smile he saves just for me, I had no idea he would kiss me so soon." Speaking of Conrad sent my eyes to wandering the room for him. I guess he did give me that gitty feeling, something I delighted in.

I turned my eyes to the girls as their chorus of squeals arrupted around our table. "That is so romantic, you are so lucky, I always wondered what it would be like to kiss him, Allice, well you know he was her first kiss."

Her expression changed at the mention of her name, her eyes darkening for a split second, everything seamed to mold together around me, the voices, figures and colors as I thought of her kissing Conrad, however something troubled me even more, had she kissed Nathen as well?

"Conrad is great and all, but he has it hard for Drew and Shya, I have my sights set on the best, Nathen, I think he is twice the man Conrad is." Her words bounced around in my head, Allison and Nathan, it had a ring to it, he had asked her to the dance after all.

"Speaking of him, where is he? I heard that you and Nathen have been sneaking around, you just know how to get around don't you," Allice spoke, her words didn't sound threatening, almost excited maybe she was turning over a new leaf.

I placed my hands in my lap, placing a smile as fake as Shyas friendship on my face. I nearly jumped out of my skin hearing the chair scrape next to me. Conrad turned to gaze at me, a lopsided grin taking over his features.

He looked stunning, black suit and all. The three girls gazed at him with hungry eyes as he fixed his hair, turning to examine me again.

I hadn't realized I had already been staying, as my face turned the color of strawberries. He chuckled slightly, his fingers brushing my jaw. He tilted my chin up to gaze into my eyes, sadly the moment didn't last long as another seat clunked across the floor, what alarmed me more was the person who placed themself in it.

Shya

💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕✅✅✅✅✅✅✅✅✅✅✅✅✅

Well well well, there you have it, two updates in one week I hope you enjoyed these two chapters

Why do you think Alice is acting different?

Where do you think Nathen went?

Love you all, have a wonderful week, I know I am going to :-)