Capítulo Cinco

Chapter 5

He snarls mischievously at me, making my gut wrench in a horrible way.

"Nice to see you, Xanthe," He smiles, his eyes roaming my body.

Here we go, people. Meet my stepdad.

He's still giving me those perverted looks.

He's Xena and I's stepdad, and Tristan's real dad, he married mom weeks after dad passed away.

He was mom's boss, so they'd been having an affair way before dad had died, which is why I always hated this son of a bitch.

I vaguely remember him also forcing my mother into the marriage, which makes him all the more heinous.

"What are you doing here?" I ask, looking around to see two men standing on each side of the room as if guarding the place.

A man was sat next to him on the sofa, probably the other guy he was laughing with earlier in that disgusting way of his.

"I own this place, baby," He smirks, getting up and walking towards us.

Out of fear, I take a step back, and Arsen takes a step in front of me.

I'm surprised at this slight action, but I keep the shock to myself.

"What do you want?" Arsen growls, and Antonio snaps his head towards Arsen.

Antonio's very bulky and...fat, which makes him ten times shorter than Arsen who's way stronger than this idiotic wimp.

"If you're in my building, then you don't talk to me like that, got it? I want the girl," Antonio growls in an answer. Arsen clenches his jaw, and I look down to see his left fist clenched tightly.

Oh, no, Arsen, please don't punch him or he'll never let you get away with it...

I keep on repeating 'please don't' in my head until Arsen speaks up again.

"This is between us two, Antonio, not you and her. And I don't take orders from you," He says, his voice going scarily deep and colder than before.

A shiver runs up my spine.

"She's under my wing, Reed, I have every right to do what I want with her," Antonio hisses, and Arsen glares at him intensely, his fiery, amber eyes burning into him.

"Antonio, you have no rights over her because you're not her biological father. We both know that. If you want her back, I suggest you bring your undermined wife with you," Arsen says calmly, and Antonio immediately tenses, his eyes going red from fury.

"Don't you dare talk about Melissa like that, you fucktard!" He yells so loud that I jump.

God, I forgot just how scary he was.

Arsen, on the other hand, doesn't look fazed even a bit.

Instead of getting scared, he just shrugs.

"If I wanted to say something nice about Melissa, Antonio, I'd go and kill myself. If she hadn't met you, then maybe her heart wouldn't have rotted over like your sorry one, so unless you're picking a fight right now, get over her!" He snarls, pointing at me when saying the latter word.

I appreciate his act towards protection, but I'm not sure I appreciate his choice of words. 'Her' has a name, after all.

After saying what he did, he grabs my arm. And just as he's about to pull me out, Antonio yanks my other hand, causing me to yelp in pain.

That actually hurt, a lot. As if somebody had dislocated my shoulder.

Arsen pauses and turns around to see my other hand being pulled by Antonio's.