Capítulo Treinta y Uno - Parte Uno

Chapter 31 - Part 1

I stared at the teacher's pencil, how he was bouncing it in his hand as if it were a flexible rubber, thinking of all the ways I was going to harass Arsen into telling me why I couldn't take part in this stupid "gang" mission. As if that was even a thing.

These guys were too nice to be in a gang. Minus Arsen.

I mean, think about it. I hadn't seen these dudes do anything bad since I'd met them. Again, minus Arsen.

I could imagine Ameena busting somebody's ass up, though. Which reminds me of that party that happened at Shanaya's house.

Feels like it was yesterday. Honestly, it wasn't. About two and a half weeks ago, max.

"What happened to that Alec guy from Shanaya's party?" I whisper into Jax's ear, leaning in. He leans in too.

"I have no idea," He whispers back. I sigh and go back to staring at the teacher's pencil trick.

It was actually very mesmerizing.

Apparently, we were stuck in five minutes of punishment time because of some kid who kept throwing paper balls at the dude in front of him.

They hate each other apparently. And here I was thinking he'd be the one getting detention.

But unusually, this school actually takes bullying into consideration, and the idiots' parents are coming in to talk with the guidance counsellor.

It's almost weird to be in a situation as normal as this when my whole life is literally a mess.

"Ariadne Sayers?" A man suddenly calls, walking into the classroom.

I don't recognize him from anywhere, but I stiffen when I realize this person doesn't seem to know me but knows the name that isn't mine.

"That's me," I say, raising my arm and shoving my messy hair away from my face.

The man gives me a slight smile. "The principal would like to see you," He says.

I gulp.

This must be important since Principal Crissler didn't use the speakers to call me to the office. She used a personal messenger. Or whatever he is.

I nod, picking up my bag and walking out of the classroom after him.

But not before shooting Jax a worried look over my shoulder. He just raises his eyebrow and mouthes 'text me'. I nod and follow the stranger out.

"Um, sir," I mutter. The man stops to look back at me, smiling.

"Yes, Ariadne?" He asks, almost mocking my name.

"Do you know why the principal asked for me?"

"No, I don't. But you can see for yourself," Taking me through a few more hallways, he finally comes to stop in front of the familiar door.

I give him a brief smile, before walking in.

Inside are the principal and a good looking boy.

Really good looking, actually.

"Ariadne Sayers, meet Max Bledel," Principal Crissler announces, and my eyes widen at his name.

He looks completely neutral, though. "Hey, Ariadne," He smiles. I smile back, still confused.

This is Max?! This is the Max? Oh God, Arsen's going to go ballistic!

Or maybe I'm going ballistic.