Capítulo Treinta y Cinco

Chapter 35

"Why did you break out?" I ask him, having a personal debate on whether I do or don't want the answer to my question.

His amber eyes narrow as he thinks.

"I didn't like it there," He says.

I laugh a little.

"There's got to be an actual reason, Arsen. Nobody likes prison."

He growls, running a hand through the hair I've wanted to touch on multiple occasions.

Wait, where did that come from?!

Ooh, you're falling...

Falling down what?

The steep cliff of looooove.

Oh, shut up.

"I was looking for someone," He tells me, his eyes meeting mine like a magnet. I hold his beautiful gaze.

"Who?"

He shakes his head, then looks at me again, as if trying to figure out if he wants to tell me or doesn't.

Eventually, he sighs and gets up off the couch we're sitting on. Quite surprisingly, afterward, he holds out his hand in front of me.

That's when the emotions start to whirl around my stomach.

I take his hand before its too late, not missing the fact how mine fit perfectly into the smooth, hard surface of his rough hands.

I let him drag me out of the house, taking me for a small walk until we reach a broken down building.

It almost looks like the damage was done on purpose.

"What is this place?" I ask as he pulls me in further.

He takes me in deeper and deeper through the rusty dusty building, the paint falling off and the various pieces of wood and metal hanging from the ceiling.

We eventually stop in front of a perfectly stable stairway leading down, to what I assume is the basement.

Oh, gosh, this is creepy.

Once we reach the bottom, my eyes widen at the whole place.

There are two blocks on each side, both covered with metal bars, and one of the metal bars are bent and broken, as if somebody struggled to get out of it.

My teeth chatter slightly as a waft of cold air drifts toward us, and Arsen glances at me before pulling me slightly closer.

My heartbeat quickens.

Human contact is essential in a cold place for two humans who don't have jackets.

Why the hell didn't we bring jackets?!

"You asked me who I was looking for," Arsen's cold voice suddenly speaks.

My attention turns to him, and I nod. His eyes look over to the cell where the metal bars are completely demolished.

"I was looking for the man who put me in there," He says. My mouth drops open as I look over at the exact same block.

Anger fills up inside me.

"Who would do such a thing?" I hiss, holding onto his hand tighter with no conscious of doing so. Arsen responds.

"My dad."

That's when I let go of his hand completely.

I turn to face him, putting a hand on each of his arms.