Capítulo Dieciocho

I dedicated this chapter to Aya because she helped me retrieve my deleted chapters. Thanks, girl!!!

Chapter 18

"What are you staring at?" Vicky hisses in my ear over the commotion and turns her head to see for herself.

Pft, idiot. I don't stare. I simply watch in a none-creepy way, because staring is weird. Even if I'm completely surprised that he actually came.

"Ah, Arsen Reed. You do know that's not his real name, right, Xanthe?" My head snaps towards her, and a knowing smirk is on her face.

A wave of nausea swipes over me, and my hand goes back up to my head, soaked in blood.

"How...how did you find out?" I ask. She shakes her head.

"You look a little like Xena Jacox. We know she's your twin. We've met her before, you know. And don't tell anyone I told you this, but you're connected wildly to this whole gang shit. Probably why Arsen keeps you close," She shrugs.

I would be more interested in what she was saying if my head wasn't exploding right now.

Arsen hasn't noticed me yet, and neither have any of the other guys.

I don't really see how they would, though, since there's so many of them.

Crouched down, Vicky pulls on my arm and sneaks me towards the front doors. My eyebrows shoot up, but I immediately regret it when pain surges through my head.

"Where are we going?" I say, straining over the loud noise of gunshots and yells.

"I'm helping you escape," Vicky calls back, just as loud. I wince, and she notices.

Hurrying to open the door, she eventually gets it to unlock and pulls me through, shutting it behind us. The noise of craziness from inside is abruptly cut off.

Unfortunately for me, the harsh pounding of my head takes over instead, and I have to kneel down with both my hands covering my head to shut out the pain.

"Hurry, we don't have much time. Once he realizes you're not in there, he's going to go to Sam's place. That's where Dori keeps most of his hostages," Vicky explains.

"Where are we supposed to go, Vicky? Unless you wanna have a disco party in the forest," I say, glancing slightly to the vast land of trees covering us from each side.

Vicky rolls her eyes.

"I'm helping you, Xanthe, the least you can do is be grateful," She says, quietly going down the stairs. I snort, following her.

"Why are you helping me, anyway? Aren't you supposed to hate me or something?" I ask, and she just shakes her head.

"Dorian's much like Arsen, Xanthe, the only difference is, he smiles and almost never has a plan. You're going to wait by Arsen's hired car until I can get him and his army to come out, then, I want you to tell Arsen to go to an address. I need your number in order to send you the location," She explains.

I blindly take my phone out of my jumper-hoodie's pocket - the black fabric now covered in my blood - and hand it to her after unlocking it.

She quickly types my number into her own phone and sends me a message of the address, then, helps me to the car Sarge had come to pick us up in yesterday.

Before she leaves, I stop her. "How...how old are you?" I ask, squinting to see her through my blurriness.

She smiles, probably for the first time so far.